Ratings for Dr. Irene Grigoris

Irene upsold and attempted to performed a laser procedure on my mother after going in for a routine skin check up and skin cancer spot removal. Have been to her many times as we have no other choice in Griffith. Her manner is abupt and always has been, hides behind this manner using the excuse shes such a busy lady, her choice to cram so many patients in. She refuses to acknowlege the angst and anger patients feel as she keeps them waiting on average 2 hours and longer and often she goes between 4 rooms at one time and when walks in to see you asks what procedure is she doing to you! It was her employee who put the initial anasethic cream on my mothers face, she did it without care and in a hap hazzard manner, used no eye protection or applied barrier cream. It went into my mothers eyes almost immediately, before she finished applying the cream my mother had pain and her vision went blurry. The staff and Irene all tried to play it down and ignore my mothers concerns. All of them had no idea of the potential danagers of these chemicals they are using as they didnt even administer basic first aid. My mother spent 5 hours in excruciating pain in Emergency that evening. Her cornea has been burnt off on both eyes. We had to make a 5 hour round trip to wagga to see an Opthamologist. It will be another 7 days before we go back to the Opthamologist and check the cornea has grown back and no permanent damage has remained. The risk of infection is high and very serious. However if all repairs without issue which we pray this happens, it will be three months before the cornea fully reattaches to the eye so in the next three months she needs to keep her eyes well lubricated at all times and be careful not to open her eyes quickly or it can tare the cornea again and be back in this current position. My mother has been in 5 days of excruciating pain, in darkness, with Irene only making contact herself on day 4 to only accuse my mother of rubbing it in her eye. On the day it happened she accused her of having a pre existing eye issue. My mother has spent thousands with her over the years and this is how she is treated. Appalling will never go back to her and do not recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2018

Saw at Albury Dermatology. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Dr Grigoris has a somewhat coarse manner (As a rule of thumb, I've found that specialists that I've seen in the past who are excessively warm as usually not good at there jobs. She seemed very knowledgeable and genuinely intent on helping treat my Psoriasis. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Dr Grigoris to any of my family or friends.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

No follow up treatment to superficial leg vein treatment, performed after the discovery of a leaking deep vein, made worse by the procedure.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016