Ratings for Dr. Deborah Bowers

Nasty. Rude. Condescending. Incredibly judgmental. I have never been so moved to review a physician before, but I feel strongly that no woman should have to see this provider.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

VERY RUDE. She tricked me into getting a test I didn't need, after I specifically asked if it would be covered under my insurance. She should be fired to be honest.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

I just had a horrible experience with this doctor. She was very very very rude to me. I've never seen a doctor who was this way to a patient. She acted like she was doing me a favor the whole time I was there. I think she is a horrible doctor for women as she is not caring or understanding at all. I actually think it would have been better to have been examined by a man. I hope that anyone that reads this will stay away from this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

She lectured and chastized me at length because my husband and I were not trying to get pregnant when we did, it was two months before our wedding. When I started bleeding and thought I was miscarrying, she told me "I don't understand why you are so upset, the baby wasn't even planned". Unplanned does not equal not wanted, I felt more like I was at a church than a doctors office. She will never touch me again.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I adore Dr.Bowers! She went above and beyond to help me with an issue that I had been concerned about. She has always been very kind and caring with me. I will continue to see her and will recommend her to anyone who asks for an OBGYN!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

I went with a friend for her 1st preg appt, the staff was really sweet and very knowledgeable, but Dr Bowers came in and was like so how do you feel? take off your pants, my friend was like o um okay, not explaining what she was doing she placed the heart doppler on her belly and i said oh we get to hear the baby, she said well maybe, shes only 10weeks, after a couple mins we heard the heartbeat,Dr bowers was very rude,cold, and short with words.. I myself am 21wks and mentioned oh 177 as the heartbeat that's great! mine is 144, with snotty remark so goes well because you further along.. My friend left out of there totally baffled by her exp, the doc was rude in saying she should of gotten some test done that was never given to her,what the doctor was doing or what even some medical terms mean..When i tried asking the doc a question she made us feel like we were dumb.. I work for an OBGYN I know what Im asking.. BAD Exp, Bad Doc! and were not going back, neither is my friend...AVOID!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

When she began the exam I asked a question. She informed me that she would handle the questions later. When I told her I wanted to simply ask a question first, she became annoyed and curt. She obviously wants things to go her way, and ended up being patronizing and cold. We went to another practice.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2012

I am an army wife and move fairly frequently, and therefore have seen several OB/GYNs in my adult life. This doctor was by far the worst physician who has ever laid hands on me. She never once made eye contact in three appointments, she was dismissive, didn't listen to or answer a single concern of mine or my husbands. In fact, she never once even introduced herself or acknowledged that my husband was even in the room. She talked down to me, straight-out insulted me for having a mistimed pregnancy (we got pregnant a year before we had planned on starting to try), and even implied that a miscarriage would be convenient. The pap smear she did felt like I had been stabbed in the cervix and made me cry out loud in pain, I have never had a painful pap in my life. Switching doctors has been the best decision I have made.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

Dr. Bowers was extremely helpful in helping to diagnose my abdominal pain. I was seeing mutiple doctors for this issue. She took it upon herself to really look through my medical records and made an observation that proved to be very accurate and helpful. When I brought her observation to my other specialists, they all agreed that she was spot on and I began getting more accurate treatment. I found Dr. Bowers to be sympathetic and helpful; particularly when I was at the end of the line as far as possible causes for my pain. Without her extra attention, I may never have been accurately diagnosed.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

WORST experience ever. I went to see her about menstrual cramps and anemia. She dismissed my history entirely, and gruffly stated that I should have a hysterectomy. Then she proceeded to do an endometrial biopsy before I even knew what it was. It was very painful! No nurse present during the exam. I left the visit stunned. But in the parking lot, I looked it up on WebMD and realized she had never explained the risks, there was no signed consent, and the indication was not appropriate for me. I've had vaginal ultrasounds, and there has never been evidence of endometriosis, fibroids, etc. I went back immediately and complained. She was defensive but did say that I could decline the biopsy, which I did. I couldn't imagine discussing results w/ her. Lacks compassion and people skills which makes her unknowledgeable in my book. She tried to argue that insurance covers the procedure, but it does not. I have a high-deductible policy. I have gladly paid for good service, AVOID at ALL COSTS.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2012

Dr. Deborah Bowers's Credentials

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Manassas, VA