Ratings for Dr. Renee M. Carisio Farber

I started seeing her a couple of years ago and when I called to get in for some serious pain I was in the number was disconnected. 1st week of the year I had to spend tracking her down to find out where my medical files were because she was leaving to new jersey with out bothering to inform me. I am very unhappy that she left me and man patients with out a clue.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

i went in to have an IUD(mirena) put in and waited for over an hour because she was at the hospital delivering a baby. when she finally got back she seemed rushed because it was after office hours. she put the IUD in and i immediately had piercing pains and cramping. i told her about my pain and she said it was normal, she immediately left the room and i was left with the nurse to answer my questions. two weeks later i went in because of constant pain and come to find out the IUD had perforated my uterus. i needed to have surgery to have it removed. coincidently she had left the doctor's office and i had to have the operation performed by another doctor there.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Went in for a yearly physical exam and to talk about becoming pregnant. Told her about complications my husband had with his one and only child who died same day of birth. She took me down the hall to have my blood drawn, and then all staff left me there. Finally I found my way back to my exam room and waited atleast 35 minutes. I could hear the nurse goofing around-aparantly did not know any one was still there. How could they forget about me? Finally I got up, and went out to the window where I saw the nurse who saw me and asked if we were done, very puzzled since I was there for an exam and never received one. She replied yes, and the receptionist asked if I wanted an appointment. I was puzzled, and she said, well the door is right there! So I left. I never received my results and when I called, her office was closed. I called the office she moved to (number was left on voice mail), and they did not have my results either. Never received my results and never went back.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

Dr. Carisio delivered my first baby and I found her to be extremely competent, knowledgeable and very willing to listen to me. She always answered my questions, was confident without being arrogant, and went into labor knowing I was in the care of a skilled and smart physician. She is direct in answering questions, but is also compassionate. I highly recommend Dr. Carisio.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

Dr.Carisio is a wonderful MD. It's too bad that Fauquier Hospital has discriminated agaisnt her. I don't blame her for leaving the area and getting as far away from Fauquier Hospital and the healthcare system there. They will soon realize what a awesome physician that they have lost once she is gone. I wish they would get rid of Dr. Chun before she destroys the reputation that Fauquier Hospital has left!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

This is the WORST OB that you can go to. The office staff is rude and the doctor has no bedside manner. I went to this office only once and that was enough for me. I do not recommend this doctor at all.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

1st visit I waited an hour in the exam room (with no explanation - no one ever said there was an emergency,etc), I told the nurse I was leaving but she practically begged me to stay, said she would get the Dr. to see me next. the dr finally came in about 10 min after that. She seemed hurried, she apologized for keeping me but I really think she only did so because she knew i was not happy. Next appt-new OB ultrasound - no wait problems but results of ultrasound were not good. The tech got the Dr.- Dr. was very gruff/not compassionate. Next appt-2nd OB ultrasound with evident fetal demise. They put me in a room, I waited and waited -after about 45 minutes, DR. C finally came in & said "HI! hows it going?" My reply - well I have had better days. Dr C "Why? what's wrong?" me "well, uh, didn't you read the ultrasound result? Her - "no, was it not good?" -ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

Will never go back. I have been going to this dr for years and it has only gone down hill. She is always distracted and rushed. Does not take time to listen to my problems and often is very uneducated about my case. (That she has been dealing with for years) The topper was when I asked for a copy of my records and was given someone elses records along with my own.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

Dr.Carisio and her staff were extremely personable knowledgeable and compassionate. I was a new patient and needed to be seen and evaluated quickly. They more than accomadated me. I subsequently had surgery and am recovering well. Dr. Carisio called me personally the day after the surgery to see how I was doing. All in all, Dr Carisio, her staff, and all the staff at Fauquier Hospital made my health care expierience a positive one.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2008

I had a very bad experience with Dr. Carisio for the birth of my first child. i found her dismissive in our office visits, impatient and rough with her nursing and administrative staff. I had complications during birth, had to go back for follow-up surgery due to a mistake during my C-section. during my routine visits, i found her defensive about the problem and she wouldn't take adequate time to discuss with me what happened. I also saw significant tension between Dr. Carisio and her female partner in the office. I will not go back to her care for any subsequent pregnancies I have.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2008

Dr. Renee M. Carisio Farber's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Warrenton, VA