Ratings for Dr. Amin Shivji

I saw Dr Shivji for root canal and crown. Dr Shivji and his team were awesome!! I would highly recommend him to all my family and friend!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Shivji for about 8 years as my family dentist! He is awesome! He is very kind to myself and family! I wouldn't hesitate recommending him to anyone!! I read the comments below and can't help to think that these comments are made by jealous people. He is fantastic and explains all procedures, and the girls at the front always give me an estimate so the is never any surprise!! Highly recommend???

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Never sticks to an estimate but doesn't tell you until the procedure is well underway. Damaged an adjacent tooth and didn't say anything.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Dr Amin Shivji had horrible staff members. They were so rude and did not help you out at all. I had an appointment for 11am he ended up showing up at 3pm when he showed up there was no apology for being late. He did a filing on me that failed three times. I would not go to home every

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

This dentist is always late. His staff are so over worked, the assistant was so tired and when I asked is she's ok she said she's been working w no lunch time or break all day.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr. Amin Shivji

Dr. Amin Shivji's response
We're very sorry if your appointment was delayed. This can sometimes happen, particularly around holidays when staff may be on vacation. Dr. Shivji is a wonderful employer who treats his staff as though they were family. If what you described is true, it must have been an unusual circumstance, such as the assistant having to cover for another staff member who was unexpectedly away that day. Please rest assured that if any staff are ever required to work extra hours, they are compensated generously and their commitment to their profession and our patients is deeply appreciated. We're very pleased that you rated our staff so highly, and we look forward to seeing you at your next visit. Yours in health, The Team at Kerrisdale Dental

Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr. Amin Shivji crowned all my upper theeth about 3 years ago in only 2 weeks. I have beautiful healthy 12 teeth since. He did a great job & I do recommend him to all my friends & family! He is a very caring & knowlagable & quick Doctor. I admire his expertise & confidence & care! What he did for me in 2 weeks another well known Dentist did it for my friend in 8 months going back & forth.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I went to Dr Shivji's Kerrisdale office. It's in a home and I had just comfortable experience from start to finish. The equipment is all new and the office is digital. The hygienist is the best I have ever had. Everything was explained properly and options where given to me.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Fantastic Dentist. Not sure what all the bad reviews come from. Very caring, gentle and honest dentist. All the staff that I came into contact with were awesome.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

saw Dr Shivji for a root canal and crown. This was the a great visit, very efficent and informative..would recommend dr shivji to all my family and friends!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

I saw Dr Shivji for a crown recently, When I went in to him I was verys skeptical about having a crown as the previous dentist I had seen had done a crown on me in the past and the tooth hurt me for months after. When Dr Shivji recomended the crown to me I got out of the chair fast and headed out of the office, As I got to the front desk the ladies at the front where informative and reassuring so I decided to have the crown done. IT WAS BY FAR the best dental experiance I have had, My tooth felt fantastic as soon as the freezing came out and the crown is wonderful, No problems. I would recomend him to anyone who wants an all round fantastic experiance. From front to back it was a first class visit. I will be back.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2011

Dr. Amin Shivji's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Amin Shivji was born in Africa and moved to Vancouver in 1973. He graduated from the University of British Columbia in 1989 with a BSc in Biology and entered the Faculty of Dentistry at UBC, graduating in 1993. He has been practicing general dentistry in Vancouver since 1993 and has taken numerous postgraduate courses in Occlusion, Gum Surgery, Cosmetic and Laser Dentistry. For the last several years, Dr. Shivji has focused on cosmetic dentistry, including Invisalign and dental implants. Dr. Shivji strives to help patients achieve excellent oral health and awareness through personalized patient education. Recognizing that oral health can affect other areas of the body, Dr Shivji evaluates and treats each patient with the goal of helping them to achieve and maintain healthy teeth and gums. Dr. Shivji believes strongly in giving back to the community and has made significant donations to oral cancer research through the BC Cancer Foundation, providing generous donations each year since the beginning of the annual “Evening to Conquer Oral Cancer.” He has also given generously to his alma mater, the UBC Dental School, where he donated the funds for the renovation of two much needed conference rooms. When he’s not practicing leading edge dental care with patients, Dr. Shivji and his wife Sharon love to travel with their two boys.

• English

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 1993)

GHI