Ratings for Dr. Michael Dimattina

it is easy to spot a man that has a horrendous bedside manner and dollar 💵 signs in his eyes We had a failed cycle using donor egg and he was on vacation and NEVER called us with the result POOR at best Financials are SHADY to add insult to injury

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

The best doctor I've ever had, hands down. Dr. DiMattina is a kind, caring and conscientious doctor who truly cares about his patience and their ability to have children.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

The clinics is very commercial- oriented. The doctor would be a good salesperson for the cars though! he did not seem attentive and did not create the feeling of trust. I just ran away from such an arrogance! Would never recommend.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Poor communicator. He would get irritated and angry when we asked questions during our initial consultation. He gave us wrong information about the underlying issues and pushed us to do the more expensive treatment first. We went to Shady Grove and had a terrific experience.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

I do not recomend other women to go to this clinic because the dint care about you . I went there and try too times .i did not see the dr at all all the time i see was the nurse .they ripe oeople off they are very good at the first vist but you dont see the dr at all .i feel very sorry for paient who go there .

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

The nurses and doctors at Dominion are top notch. Dr. D is straight forward, honest and professional. He knows what he is talking about and it was clear from the first time I met him that I wanted him as my doctor. I fully trusted him throughout our whole process of going through Dominion and eventually doing iVF. I am now pregnant and in my 3rd trimester and owe it to Dr. D- would not hesitate to recommend him and the whole practice!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Everyone I ever dealt with at Dominion was very professional, knowledgable, and caring. If someone did not know the answer to a question, they told me they would ask, they did, and they delivered an answer within a reasonable amount of time. Having everything in house was also a great convenience. After four FETs I had a baby. Unfortunately, I moved across the country and now I am dealing with a fertility clinic that is not very professional, not very knowledgable, and not very caring. I ask questions but get other non-applicable information in reply. Its frustrating dealing with these new people (not all clinics will take embryos from another clinic so my hands are tied) and it only makes me miss Dominion Fertility even more. Dr. D is the best. He is no-nonsense and tells you like it is. I appreciated that so much! He knows his stuff and he gets the intended result. If you are a competent professional and you want to deal with other competent professionals this is the place.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr.DiMattina is a actor not a doctor. Even as an actor he stinks I started with him and his practice about 7 months ago and I wish I never di. He was a totally different person at the consultation and totally different when I started. He was suppose to be my doctor and I saw him 2 times. Most of the work was done by the nurse and sometimes the other doctors when they came in on time. He has no clue what is going on. No communication between patient and staff. He is rude, self centered, incompetent and thinks he is god. Every time I tried to reach him he is on vacaton or too busy to call back. I waited 2 weeks for.him to call me so I can see what I need to do. When I made an app to see him since I had not seen him the first 2 tries I was told to come in and have another consultation. Why another consultat ion. I'll tell you why $$$$$ when I did go he did not even remember how many tries I did with him. He is a BIG JOKE. His office threw away my supply of Sperm and all he had to say is I don't have anything to do with tha. What the heck does that mean. He is responsible for his practice.. It doesn't matter to him because he did not pay for it I did. When I told him about my complaint and asked him why this happened we got mad started to blame me for his incompantants and he hung up the phone. I feel sorry for us women that have to put up with this so called doctor. He told me to get on yelp under urban mom's and write about how bad Shady Grove is and tell people about him. that should tell you or all of us what kind of a person he is. A money hungry son of a @@@@@ . anyone out there that is going to go through any kind of IVF Read this post and RUN. Far far away from Dominion Fertility and Dr. DiMattina as fast as you can.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I'm genuinely shocked to see these negative reviews. We had a fantastic experience with Dr. D. We went to see him after two miscarriages in a row, when I was severely depressed and at the end of my rope. Dr. D was reassuring, caring, and confident. I got pregnant quickly under his care with the right combination of medications. I was actually SAD to leave his practice and graduate to an OB-GYN. But, like other posters have mentioned, he's not going to blow smoke up your *ss. I wouldn't WANT a doctor who did this-- it would demonstrate an inadequate grasp of medical science and biology. He does everything he possibly can with what you bring to the table. The nurses were really sweet too.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

I would not recommend this doctor because he doesn't have attention to details and people's feelings. After 3 unsuccessful IVF we have decided to go to another practice. The reason was that each time when Dr.D called to tell me about the the results he repeated the same 3 sentences he probably tells every patient: "I don't have good news, but we are in a very good position. Your embryos look good. Call us when your period starts to schedule the next appointment." And that's it! No explanations, no analysis... But we want answers. He also did not inform me that my husband is reactive to Hepatitis B surface antigen. He called me to tell about that when we decided to switch the doctor. That was probably the second time when he read our file. He had missed before this "small" detail that could have negative impact on me and my pregnancy. The new IVF doctor noticed it immediately and advised me to get a vaccine ASAP.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012