Ratings for Dr. James V. O'Leary

My C-Section with Dr. O'Leary went very well and I had no doubt that he would take excellent care of my baby and myself. I have no hesitation referring him and his practice to others.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2019

I could not have asked for a better doctor and staff to see me through a complicated pregnancy. I was never left feeling alone or like a burden, even through all of the obstacles that arose throughout the duration of my care.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

Dr. O'Leary and his nurses are absolutely fantastic. I had a really great experience with them. They were all very helpful throughout the entire pregnancy and I appreciate that Dr. O'Leary came in late at night to deliver my baby and see me through the entire process.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2018

Very happy with everything. Thought Dr O Leary was a great. Dr. explained things And took away all my fears.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

Dr. O'Leary, Carly and Amanda always make you feel so welcome. They take the time to get to know you, your priorities and answer any questions you may have. Always feel listened to and heard.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

I was very pleased with the entire scope of care. The entire staff went above and beyond in their care of my pre-surgery, surgery and post-surgical follow-up.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Dr. O'Leary has a very calm presence. He is very through and mad me feel confident during every step of my pregnancy. I was debating switching to a Dr. closer to home for delivery but upon meeting with other Drs no one measured up. I am glad I stayed with Dr. O'Leary and made the extra drive. My birth did not go as I originally pictured and Dr. O'Leary made me feel safe with his reassurance and through explanation.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Dr. O is wonderful to me and my family. He always has the best interest of my health and the health of my child at heart. His nurses and staff are always kind, attentive and take their time, I never feel rushed even when I know he has a lot to do or many other patients to see. He is very professional and even though he is direct and to the point and clear in his assessments he also takes the time to share a moment of personal chat time, making me feel at home and cared for, not just another check mark on his to do list.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

He has been my OBGYN for 18 years. He has given the best care one could ask for. From deliveries, surgeries to routine care.. He is very thorough and is compassionate. .

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I receive excellent care every time. Competent and compassionate treatment.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Dr. James V. O'Leary's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. James V. O’Leary is a graduate of Loyola Strich School of Medicine in Chicago. He completed an internship at Portsmouth Naval Hospital and for the next three years served in different medical capacities within the military system. His duties included: general medical officer, emergency room physician, and finishing his military obligation with the 1st Force Service Support Group, Camp Pendleton, California. Dr. O’Leary received a Certificate of Commendation from F.X. Hamilton, Jr., Brigadier General, United States Marine Corps, for superior performance of duty while serving as the Medical Doctor. “Lieutenant O’Leary’s exceptional professional ability, initiative, and loyal dedication to duty reflected great credit upon himself, the Medical Corps, and the United States Naval Service.” Dr. O’Leary completed his Obstetrics/Gynecology residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He is a Board Certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist. He is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and The American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists. Dr. O’Leary enjoys all aspects of women’s health care including low and high risk obstetrics, laparoscopic surgery, infertility and all gynecologic surgery. Dr. O’Leary has a special interest in urinary incontinence and pelvic prolapse.

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1985)
  • Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

• Certificate of Commendation