Ratings for Dr. Ian D. Farey

Excellent Surgeon. I had 2 spinal operations for different issues. Gave me back my pain free independence. Has a very good bed side manner. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Richard Alan Smith Hornsby.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I have previously left very favourable comments on Dr Farey on a related website. He has carried out two spinal operations on me (for two different issues) and the results have been wonderful. I always find him to be very caring as well as being extremely competent. Thanks to him, I have been restored to full health and I cannot speak highly enough of him. Gloria Enfield

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Dr Ian Farey is the second surgeon who operated on my back, it is a pity he was not the first because he not only had to fix up the mess the first surgeon created but he has given back to me the ability to walk again without pain. I cannot speak highly enough about Dr Farey, he is very caring and compassionate, very thorough in explaining the process and what to expect.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

I am 36 and work in health. Dr Farey came highly recommended to me via respected colleagues. I was not disappointed. Dr Farey and his team were professional, knowledgeable and answered each of my questions patiently and repeatedly. Dr Farey removed a chunk of extruded disc L5 and I could not be happier. Months of physiotherapy, pilates and pain killers had done nothing to relieve the symptoms and I could not walk, work or horror, stand in the shower to wash my hair! I could not recommend Dr Farey highly enough.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

When I first met Dr Ian Farey, I had been in excruciating pain for months, and had undergone two failed surgeries performed by another doctor. I could not stand, walk or take care of my basic daily needs. I was in a rehabilitation hospital, so terrified because I had no definite diagnosis or prognosis and truly thought I was going to go insane with pain. Dr Farey pinpointed the problem within a couple of minutes of looking at my scans. He offered to recommend me to a surgeon who did the type of reconstruction I needed on a daily basis. That spoke to me of his integrity as both a doctor and a human being, and I knew I wanted him to operate. He scheduled me in for the following week. Post surgery, and once on the ward, Dr Farey saw me every day without fail. On day four, I was up and walking, albeit slowly, without pain and without aides. Six weeks later, I needed a second surgery, and Dr Farey shuffled his already busy schedule around in order to fit me in the following week. The results where even better, and I haven't looked back. I am fitter, stronger and more confident than I have been in years, thanks to Dr Farey and his team. What is even more amazing, is that I am pain free! Every visit to Dr Farey's rooms has been warm, welcoming and empathetic. I am greeted by name and feel like I am part of the family. I cannot recommend Dr Farey highly enough. He is a straight shooter...tells it like it is, and doesn't hesitate to recommend another surgeon if necessary. He is also one of the kindest, most caring doctors I have ever encountered. If I ever have any future issues with my spine, I know exactly who I will call.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr Farey removed a Synovial cyst, operated on my L4 and L5 with a disc fusion and laminectomy, 18 months ago. I was in acute pain in both legs and could barely stand or walk. He operated within a week of diagnosis, after making space in his already full schedule. He was kind, professional and very confident he could fix my problem. I cannot thank him and also Julie, his office manager enough for everything! I am out of pain, can now walk normally , and am almost 100% again. I am incredibly grateful to him. I am a 58 year old female, non- smoker, in average health..

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Being a doctor I often find reason for complaint but in Dr Farey's case I found him to be a h'll of a nice guy, excellent bedside manner, fused my cervical spine with immediate symptom relief, let me go home as soon as I wanted (72 hours post op) and, when I had a minor complication fitted me in the same day.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

I first saw Dr Farey back in 2005 with spinal stenosis. He operated on my spine and I had a fantastic result with excellent rehab provided at Berkeley Vale Private Hospital. I found Dr Farey to be very kind and caring of me in my painful condition and I am so impressed and confident in him that I am heading back for further necessary surgery.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

Thanks to Dr Farey doing my operation back in 2002 I was in excellent hands. I went back for a routine check up 2015 and he is as professional today as back then. Well done

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I damaged my spine in a bodysurfing accident (piece of stupidity really, but here you go) and went undiagnosed for a few months. Nobody's fault really, it just niggled away. Then it got worse. I saw a doctor who recommended physio as well as a surgical opinion with Dr Farey. I thought surgery - yipes!! Dr Farey was thorough, professional and advised against surgery so long as I could handle the pain, which I could, and if it didn't get suddenly worse in terms of function. My left-hand was a bit weak, but OK. SO I kept up the physio and went about life. Then one weekend my left hand went limp. Dr Farey's staff were superb, slotting me in Monday as an urgent case (yes, I'm the guy that makes everyone late with their "emergency"). There was no doubt, the pressure needed to be removed. I was jammed in to Dr Farey's list, starting at 10pm after a full and no doubt exhausting day for the whole surgical team. I faced the risk of never using my hand again, but felt in safe hands (I had asked around!!). I had his full attention then until midnight, when I returned to the ward. Then I saw him (briefly, but I didn't want to hold him up on his way to more surgery) every day until discharge. I feel so very fortunate to have had such a dedicated, skilled and technically brilliant doctor. My dumb accident in the surf could have seen me in a wheelchair, but I got lucky there and then got lucky again having the surgeon I did, his team that he has no doubt trained and fostered, and all the wonderful nurses at North Shore Private. It could have been just so awfully different!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015