Ratings for Dr. Peta Bentley

A complete embarrassment to her profession. Openly hostile and rude, she literally spoke over the top of me and cut me off mid sentence. She belitted me, answered my question of what she thinks the diagnosis might be with 'well anything could be anything' and told me the physio would be diagnosing the cause of my neck pain not her. I have never encountered a more incompetent and pathetic excuse for a doctor. The cherry on top is her completely lack of empathy and understanding, she simply did not care beyond getting me out of her office.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

Super condescending. Spoke over me. Refused to do tests. Prescribed medication I can't use, then proceeded to say "I don't know" when I asked her what was wrong. Then I had to see myself out.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

By far the worst doctor i have ever seen. Incredibly rude and mean-spirited. Would avoid at all costs

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Told me I'd get radiation induced cancer from MRIs. MRIs don't use radiation, hence the name....

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Id recently visited this dr in goonellabah. The appointment ended with me leaving in tears after being yelled at over a mental health related issue, then it proceeded by a breakdown that rivaled my most crippling turns. She told me i was incompetent and needed to start acting my age, despite her only having known me from 2-3 short appointments and me being under 18, i was called by the clinic and told that my mother shouldnt be in the room with me, despite her being my financial and legal guardian. In the same appointment i was given a script for a reduced dosage of medication made by a previous doctor from the same clinic who i didnt see for a follow up appointment before having to go back on my usually dosage. In summary, the doctor, who i found out has a background in mental health, managed to erase almost a years worth of progress in a few short minutes with no remorse or retribution. Not sure if it was the short time frames stressing her or just her not liking me, but either way, it was highly unproffessional for a doctor in any field and the lack of action on the clinics behalf was appalling.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

By far the worst doctor I have ever been to. She was rude and condescending, offering little to none medical advice. Do not waste your time with this woman.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Very unimpressed. In my honest opinion Dr Bentley is very rude and uninterested. I saw her on a number of occasions until I was so upset about having to go to her that I changed GP's. I have now heard of 3 other women who share the same opinion as myself.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

She just wasn't the doctor for us. We need someone very gentle who can refer us to other doctors for a range of conditions if she doesn't have knowledge about them herself. She didn't seem to have much idea about whats around. She wasn't terribly rough but not as gentle as we'd like her to have been. Actually she was a bit too rough. She was only a little late.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014