Ratings for Dr. Daniel W. Sims

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

I have to say that I would NOT recommend taking your children to see Dr. Sims. He was very knowledgeable about dentistry, and very thorough, but has ZERO personality and ZERO patience with kids. Which is frustrating because he is a PEDIATRIC dentist. At one point he actually told my 3.5 year old son, who was hesitant and nervous to lay his head in the lap of a stranger (via the dentistry chair), "What part of lay down don't you understand?" He had zero "kid" skills. He knew the THEORY of what he SHOULD have done (like when he said, "oh, that's my fault...I should have told you what this does..." after my son freaked out when he started filling my kids mouth with water to rinse and suction). He'd never had his teeth cleaned before, so this was an ENTIRELY new experience to him- But his "chair side manner" was HORRIBLE. He'd make a decent ADULT dentist. But an absolute NO on kids.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011