Ratings for Dr. Catherine Bartholomew

I was glad to read the range of reviews here about Dr Catherine Batholomew. Reminded me that the notes of condescension I experienced during our first appt are all about her, and not personally directed at me. Had a fairly good first appt until the last few mins when I really felt condescended to. I must acknowledge though, that I was very stressed throughout the appt because of talking about my trauma history, not because of Doc's attitude. I wouldn't have been easy company. I'll attend my next appt with more understanding of her patterns. Thanx to other reviewers.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Bartholomew for 15 years and have always found her to be knowledgeable and helpful. She is tenacious and saved me from an unnecessary and potentially life threatening procedure following nearly 5 weeks in hospital. Countless hospital tests did not reveal the parasitic cause of the problem, but a test suggested by Dr Bartholomew (that cost less than a day in hospital) showed the problem. She presented treatment options and I have not had a problem since. My wife and 2 kids have other stories of how she identified problems - rabies virus, different parasites and a condition requiring surgical intervention.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Dr Bartholomew is knowledgable and she takes an approach informed by research and critical thought. However her application of this knowledge is mechanical and she seems unable to listen. I don't suffer from fatigue, but she attempted to give me a vitamin shot for fatigue and got quite miffed when I reminded her that it was not an issue for me. She seems unable to understand the limitations of other people's budgets and her prescriptions are very expensive. She lets herself down with her poor interpersonal skills and poor insight into the experiences of her patients.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I have been seeing Catherine for 6 years and yes she sometimes has an off day but I went to her as I wanted a nutritionist GP that would not just prescribe drugs. She always gives suggestions for natural products and also tells you where to look for the cheaper products. I love that she prints off information to take home and gives you all your test results unlike other GPs that think we are idiots and shouldn't have a copy of our own information. She helped me through a mild trauma brain injury and worked with me to lower my cholesterol naturally which other GPs would not do as they don't test for everything and reach for the prescription pad to get you out the door in 6 minutes. Worth the money to be healthy naturally and I only need to visit twice yearly now.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

If you are an intelligent person interested in wellness and making your own considered decisions, then DO NOT see Dr Bartholomew. Essentially, my experience seeing Dr Bartholomew was ‘all about her’, and at the same time costing me hundreds of dollars in her recommended tests and prescriptions. Her response to me raising two issues of concern were met by haughtiness, arrogance and rudeness. Both of these concerns were immediately dismissed, however she continued to impress herself critiquing my blood and saliva tests, and commenting that I was ‘disinterested’. I felt that once she sensed that I was not under her spell and was not one to be controlled, she could barely hide her dislike for me. I sat in her room like a chastised child counting the minutes till I was ‘dismissed’, promising myself that this type of performance towards a patient who is paying considerably to seek solutions to health problems, should be put on an online review page to save others from the objectionable experience. My recommendation for seeing Dr Bartholomew – Don’t Bother!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Consistently goes above and beyond - is very thorough. I like that she provides a whole heap of options/info and doesn't pressure you into anything.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

If you're willing to speak and be spoken to plainly Dr Bartholomew can help you achieve good health. If you want someone to bill you while they hold your hand and commiserate with your ill health she's probably not the Dr for you. Personally, I prefer to be educated via a guided internet search on my own time, than be billed per hour for a medical professional to bring me entirely up to speed in the latest health information etc.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Doctor Batholomew is full of knowledge far greater than most other Doctors, Catherine listens to you without judgement and finds the root of all health concerns. I highly recommend her with any General women's health issues.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Quack. Should give back her MBBS and declare she is a naturopath.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Yes, unfortunately I tend to agree with many of the comments regarding Dr Bartholomew's manner and methods. My first appointment went okay as I turned up armed with 20 years medical history and all my test results. Second appointment she needed to be reminded that she'd ordered blood tests etc . She put me on a protocol for clearing the gut ... lots of supplements but that is fine, I expected that. However, I had to ask if I was expected to make dietary changes and she responded with the comment that she thought I would know all about that given my medical history. Then she proceeded to give me print out after print out on a range of nutritional approaches that I'm expected to research, without any particular recommendation. She suggested I take LDN but when I pointed out the problems a friend with the same diagnosis as me had this she went silent and withdrew her interest from me. I was a bit emotional at the time but generally I'm good at picking up on people's attitudes and felt this woman was not particularly interested in my situation, even though I said I was falling apart from pain etc. She was preoccupied with computer issues (system was playing up) and I left before my hour was up ... it was like getting blood out of a stone trying to get opinions and input. She also printed me out a very inaccurate piece of info on a treatment protocol that she didn't know much about (hence the printout) ... which talks about the street drug version and not what is used routinely in hospitals by anaesthesiologists. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016