Dr. Nick Vertzyas

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
Dr. Chandra Dave
(20)

"The Doctor is wonderful. His receptionist is the rides person ever met in my life. She ..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. Nick Vertzyas

Dr Vertzyas is a wonderful doctor, who is extremely passionate about his job. I had a total knee replacement, and I felt extremely confident with Dr Vertzyas at both my pre- operative and post-operative appointments. He speaks in a very gentle and reassuring manner. His staff are also very helpful. I am 6 weeks post surgery and I am feeling great . The operation was a success and scarring is minimal. Following his protocol post surgery , which includes physio and hydrotherapy is a must , and I attribute my results to that . I have just come back from a 4 day holiday attending a wedding interstate, I was able to do a 1 hour boardwalk which included steps effortlessly , and also walked barefoot along the beach on hard sand. I swam in the ocean, and I even put on 2 inch heels , which I danced with at the wedding. Everyone I meet is amazed with my progress. I am starting to enjoy all activities again. Thanks Nick , you are amazing.. Mary Cass

flag | Submitted April 4, 2019

He’s professional, personable & provides all the answers. His team is equally proficient. Thanks to Dr Vertzyas my brand new hip works a treat & the whole process - consultation, surgery, hospital & rehab - was outstanding. Thank you all again. Robin

flag | Submitted February 22, 2019

After years of my left hip getting more painful and my limping getting worse I was told by a friend about the excellent surgeon, Dr Nick Vertzias. I was so reassured by Nick's friendly and caring attitude and had my operation in early August. After a few days of rehab I was sent home earlier then I expected because of my good progress. I only had to use a stick for about 2 weeks and could walk normally after that. Within one month I had absolutely no pain and could do all the things I had been able to do years before my operation. I strongly recommend Dr Vertzyas and his excellent staff to all who have a painful hip.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2019

It’s all been said before Nick great work on my right hip,seven weeks post op and ready to go get them.So to you and all around you at ST Vincent’s a huge thank you.You are good bloke and the best I think around,Richard.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

For many years I had been putting up with the pain in my knees and hips, bone on bone, refusing to accept the fact I needed to have them replaced, then I was referred to Dr Nick, who immediately made me feel at ease and told me this would help get my life back and be free of pain. I had my first knee replacement in Aug 2014, and within weeks after intense rehab, I was able to walk around and be pain free from the one knee at the least. The following year in 2015 I had my first hip replaced, again a very quick recovery, and then in 2016 I had my other hip replaced, and just 7 weeks ago in July 2018 I had my other knee replaced. I now have 4 new joints, and everyone is so surprised and happy by my progress, and I’m referred to as the bionic woman by my family and friends. I cannot thank Dr Nick Vertzyas and his team enough for looking after me these past 5 years, from his anaesthetist and his wonderful office team, Kathy, Maria and Voula. I have never met a Doctor who is not only a skilful surgeon but an exceptional human being, professional and so caring to all his patients and their families. So If you have been advised you need to have a hip or knee replacement, don't put it off any longer, cause the only regret you will have is that you didn't do this sooner. Dr Nick Vertzyas is the best, and would highly recommend him to anyone needing orthopaedic surgery.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

Since meeting Doctor Vertzyas, my life was back to normal. I found him very expedient and a fantastic human being. He is a highly prized professional. Thank you Sir.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2018

I was referred to Dr Vertzyas by clinicians at St Vincents Hospital. After having some unsuccessful outcomes elsewhere, I was immediately reassured by his gentle & professional manner. He suggested a couple of other remedies before it was inevitable that a hip replacement was the way forward. Prior to the surgery the pain was unbelievable. I trusted Doctor & his team completely so there were no pre surgery nerves at all. I had surgery on March 9 2018 from the moment I awoke the pain I had previously was gone, it was now just surgical & recovery pain. The following day I took a few steps. Day 2 walked around the ward & from there I progressed. Day 5. I stopped taking pain relief & was transported to rehab for 10 days, after being assessed I walked without aids & stopped other forms of pain relief 2 days later. Other patients were amazed at my quick recovery. I left rehab on Day 7 (3 days earlier than expected). Family & friends were amazed to see me walking without aids & pain free.. My recovery has been amazing & speedy. All due to Dr Nick & his team. Whenever I complement or thank him, he always responds with "I have a great team" and he obviously has a great surgical team to as well as, Cathy & Karen in the office are always helpful, friendly & professional. He certainly does have a great team. I find it easy to refer him to others - I'm walking proof, Couldn't recommend him highly enough. From a very happy pain free patient Ignazia

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

I needed a second opinion for Osteonecrosis, and was directed to Dr Vertzyas. Brilliant is an understatement, his professionalism was outstanding from the moment we met. I look forward to having him as my Orthopaedic Specialist. Highly recommended. I will also add his Office team are just as professional.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

I had a total hip replacement on 12th March and am very appreciative of the expertise and care given to me before, during and following the procedure by the team. I believe Dr Nick is known for the quick recovery of his patients and I can certainly vouch for that. I was back playing golf on the 8th May with no problems. No pain and very happy. Thanks so much.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2018

My mom had total knee replacement on 29/1/18 , I can’t say enough good things about Dr Nick Vertzyas he is very warm and friendly makes you very comfortable. Good has blessed him not only with skill, but also with a kind and compassionate HEART ❤️ My mom recovered so well she is different person so happy thanks to dr Vertzyas . He is the best specialist in the country

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Dr. Nick Vertzyas's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Nick Vertzyas is an Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Knee and Hip Replacements, Revision Knee and Hip Replacements and Knee Arthroscopies. Dr Vertzyas completed his advanced training in Orthopaedic Surgery in Sydney. On becoming a Fellow of The Royal Australian College of Surgeons, he was awarded the Australian Orthopaedic Associations, International Research Fellowship to the Harvard University in Boston.

• Hip replacement