Ratings for Dr. James Chau

I had the worst experience with dr. Chau. He wouldn’t provide thorough answers on meds he was advising I had to stop, he was rude and argumentative and left me in tears while telling me he didn’t have time for me and opened his door for me to vacate. I ended up in the GM of WOLLONGONG private’s office crying and was able to get more info from him then dr Chau. I have never experienced someone so awful, rude and mean. Going through a surgery such as a gastric sleeve is such a huge mental and physical shift and having a surgeon be so rude left me feeling so helpless. Thankfully David crowe from WOLLONGONG private set up several other surgeons to do consults for me so I could see who was a better fit, and I ended up with dr budak who went above and beyond to discuss my overall Health needs and even speak to my other specialists about long term changes and care... at the end of the day that’s how it should done, holistically and reviewing overall health not just one small portion! I would never recommend anyone to have surgery with dr Chau, cheaper is not always better and I’ve heard so many bad reviews on recovery from patients who did proceed with me and lack of post operative care as he is not local and only visits fortnightly for his surgeries and consults.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2019

I'm so very glad to have met & used Dr Chau at St George Private Hospital. He is kind and very generous with his time xx

flag | Submitted July 22, 2019

A great big thank you to James Chau , Did surgery on my wife and daughter both of them looking and feeling amazing , everything fully explained and personal time spent with us second to none great surgeon & person again thank you highly recommend , Peter

flag | Submitted February 11, 2019

did not take time to fully assess the patient. made recommendations based on face value and not the situation.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018

Dr James Chau is an extremely capable doctor, very empathetic and his exceptional skills provide his patients with improved health outcomes and a greatly enhanced quality of life.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

I would recommend him to anyone .professional and expert advise and knowledge

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Excellent and caring . Highly recommend his services

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

Best doctor ever. Very caring. His staff is very caring.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

Dr. James Chau - Consultant upper gastrointestinal surgeon, specialising in weight loss surgery, upper gastrointestinal surgery, minimally invasive laparoscopic hernia repair, endoscopy, general and bariatric surgery.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Dr. James Chau's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. James Chau is an Upper Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgeon. He is the director of Weight Loss and Keyhole Surgery Centre, Centre of Excellence in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. He specialises in gastric band, gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, and revisional weight loss surgery. The Clinics are located in Sydney, Wollongong, and Dubbo.

• English