Ratings for Dr. Margaret Sheridan

Dr Sheridan is a leader in her field and I am, as well as many others, indebted to her and her unwaivering support to get better. I can only assume some the other reviews here are from people who didn't like being told truths - perhaps they have forgotten that they have to want to get better before any improvement can occur.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

i did not find her helpful at all. it felt as though she did not care about me.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Wide berth for this Dr. I concur with comments below. Extra long barge pole. Plenty of good doctors work at Northside. Choose someone with a beating heart at the very least.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I have had a long and positive experience with Dr S. She is a tough nut sometimes but I think that is what is required when treating such a merciless disease. I found her strict and unwavering in her approach to the ED but patient and compassionate with me. It is a hard line to take and her approach might not be suited to everyone but I can say I owe a lot to her. I have known her for 16 years now and even though I have been well for a long time I still touch base with her every now and then to stay on track.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Margaret Sheridan coerced me into have electroconvulsive therapy. She told me that she would put me in the mental health intensive care unit until I agreed. She threatened to disallow any visitors and that I wouldn't be able to leave the ward for meals or any other activities. She effectively was locking me into a prison. As a result of the electroconvulsive therapy I lost 50% of my organisational ability, parts of my short term memory and some of my cognitive ability as assessed by a qualified neuropsychologist. If you are struggling with an eating disorder I urge you to evaluate your treatment options. To anyone negatively affected by treatment from this practitioner I encourage you not to stay silent.

Submitted December 20, 2015

Margaret Sheridan is knowledgeable when it comes to the body's anatomy, the human brain, starvation and refeeding, however she is unable to tactfully deal with people. She can be abusive, cruel and crushing. Both emotionally and physically. She told me no one wanted me in the clinic, called me two faced, emotionally retarded, appalling and ridiculous. She also physically forced my jaw shut when I was distressed. She told me that she 'didn't like my chances of recovering' I am still recovering from the pain dr Sheridan put me through, but Sadly I also know that I am not the only one who has been affected negatively by her words and actions. Other undeserving people continue to be hurt by this woman daily and i really feel like it's time to do something. She makes more people cry on a daily basis than she does encourage. It got to the point that my body would tremble and I would be on the verge of tears when I knew she was I the building! Please be aware if you are suffering from this woman's hurtful words that you are not alone, it is not okay and please speak up.

Submitted August 17, 2015

I have always found Dr Sheridan to be incredibly supportive, insightful and helpful. She has treated/supported me both inside and outside of hospital and has always treated me with respect, compassion and dignity. I think she is absolutely brilliant. I am very happy to have found her.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Contradictory. Happy to prescribe psychotropic drugs and facilitate hospital admissions but will then claim that patient has no mental illness when it is required for an official report.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Rude and arrogant, makes barbed comments, unable to apologise, self righteous. I am still recovering from this destructive lady.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I found her extremely patronising, she cancelled appts with me a number of times. Not only that, she also confused me regularly with other patients and she would often get into 'power-struggles'- she could never apologise for being in the wrong or for being held up, and I just found her rude, condescending and arrogant.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014