Ratings for Dr. W. Perry Ballard

Responded very quickly to my issue. Very nice and explained all things fully.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Dr. Ballard is one of the kindest and professional drs I have met. My cancer is managed well and he includes me on decisions and advises me when necessary. Sometimes I wait a few minutes for him but I know he will spend time with me as well. His office is kind and patients are treated with respect. We usually find something humorous at our every three week appointments. He is helping me manage the unmanageable disease. I thank God for Dr. Ballard, his PAs, NPs, and medical assisstants often!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Ballard is the worst doctor I have had knowledge of. My sister's death is mostly his fault. When she was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, he knew what the odds were. He first gave her a hormone treatment that didn't work. After the hormone treatment she had pleural fluid which was drained via thoracentesis about every month (2 liters each time). At this point it should have been very obvious that cancer was in her lungs. Yet he said nothing about this, and put her on 6 months of taxol, even though that had almost zero chance of working. She continued to have the pleural fluid. After 6 months of taxol, she was extremely weak and not able to have additional chemo. Up until approximately 2 weeks before her death he continued to say that the cancer was under control in the liver and bones, and the tumor markers were down. He even gave her an antibiotic for a possible lung infection. (lung cancer can look similar to infection). She ultimately suffocated cancer in lungs.

Submitted April 20, 2014

What can be said when you already know that you are in the hands of "the best" oncologist??? Dr. Ballard is an extremely knowledgeable physician and administers care with extreme caution and intellectual ability. I live in Miami and have been a patient at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and, fortunately, discovered Dr. Ballard through a Dr. F. Evans. He introduced me to Dr. Ballard and I venture to say I am most fortunate that I have been accepted as his patient. I have an aggressive form of cancer and, thus far, he has arrested the progression of my condition. He is positive and, ultimately, transfers this concept to his patients. I would consider him to be brilliant and, additionally, a very caring individual. I travel far to be a patient of Dr. Ballard, however, worth the distance. I consider me to be in excellent and professional hands. He is gentle and understanding and has made my journey less intimidating. Wonderful Infusion Center with capable technicians.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Dr. Ballard has been my oncologist for the past eight years and he is truly the best doctor I have ever had. He successfully guided both me and my mother through our respective cancer diagnoses and treatments. He is the most caring physician and has a very calming and reassuring bedside manner. I have since moved out of state, but continue to return to Dr. Ballard for all of my follow-up care. I would recommend him without hesitation to anyone...

flag | Submitted August 3, 2008

A very caring and ectremely pleasant physician. Does not rush you and answers all of your questions. Very through in evaluation and in treatment plans. Not overly aggressive and wants you to participate in decisions. I would highly recommend this physician as a highly skilled oncologist.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

Dr Ballard is the BEST! Very caring, kind, never rushes patients, although this sometimes means you need to wait a bit longer than with other doctors, but he is well worth the wait. The staff is also very caring and takes an interest in the health and well being of every patient. What wonderful professionals to have on ones team when dealing with Caner!!!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2007

Excellent,caring physician. Beautiful office. Caring and compassionate staff. I feel like I received the best care possible for a difficult condition,

flag | Submitted August 18, 2007

Dr. W. Perry Ballard's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Oxford