Ratings for Dr. Wendell M. Smoot

The office is very sweet, couldn't talk better about them. The doctor, not so much. I had a revision done, and although my nose was a challenge, it came out looking worse. He then referred me to another doctor, because he was stumped on how to fix it. I just had surgery with the "new" doctor, and he said that Dr. Smoot's surgery was a waste, and that he split the tip internally among other things. Furthermore, an ear graft was taken and now I have an itchy scar. I would research carefully, and choose wisely.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

I had breat augmentation years ago, he was great. I had my eyes done years ago, he could not have been better. My mom had her eyes done and he did a beautiful job. A few years ago I had a breast lift, this did not heal correctly and I feel he didn't take it seriouly enough, I am not happy with the scarring at all. He used to be very good. Maybe he's losing his touch? maybe it was just one of those things? He is a nice doctor but I just can't go back again.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

My friend had a mini facelift. Before surgery, she had a sagging, wrinkled neck. Dr. Smoot stitched up her neck in the middle so that after the surgery, her neck looked like like TWO wrinkled, sagging bags that were hooked up in the middle to her chin. It looked gastly. He told her he had never had that problem before and offered to re-do it. He "unhooked" the middle but her neck still looks horrible after 3 years. He told her he just didn't understand was he was having such a problem with her neck.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2010

I wrote a long, unsolicited testimonial that should appear on Dr. Smoot's web site. Let me say briefly here that I am extremely pleased with him as a person and skilled physician. His approach is conservative and confident. He does not try to up-sell, which some doctors do. His staff is great--relaxed, friendly, helpful and, clearly, they love working there. (A couple even told me so.) I had lower blephs done (age 56) and my outcome was excellent--very natural-looking. There was no discomfort--and I mean none--after surgery. The entire experience could not have been easier. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Smoot or anyone in his office. I'm confident that the other physicians in his office would have the same skill level. I would not hesitate to go back for future work (upper lids? crow's feet? hang nails?) (November 2010)

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

Dr. Smoot did my tummy tuck last year, & one of my friends is interested in the same procedure, so I told her about Dr. Smoot, well she came across this site while checking on other doctors, & told me about some negitive comments about him she read... So when I read one comment in particular I HAD to write this. I don't know about the woman who stated her procedure was horrible & yada yada crazy person talk, that's not what I'm angry about, she had expectations that were obviously not to her satisfaction.. But when she calls Dr. Smoot rude & snotty!!! WOW!!! I had the COMPLETE oppose experience. He is one of the most nicest men Ive ever met ( too bad he's married ) I usually don't care about peoples vents, but I really had to speak up this time. That is how nice, friendly, & just all around awesome doctor he was to me. Everyone at his office made me feel like a family member. It was a wonderful experience. O.K, I feel better now that i put my 2 cents in too!!!!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

Dr. smoot came highly recommended, and i was soooo very pleased from the moment I entered his beautiful office. This doctor was the only doctor who actually took extra time to answer all my questions ( & worries) Dr. Smoot is one of the kindest people, forget dr., as a person, he's just top notch!!! I loved him and will recommend him to everyone interested in plastic surgery.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

When I first walked in to Dr Wendell Smoot's office, I knew it was the right place for me. Everything about my experience was very comfortable & informative. When I met with the doctor he explained all of the options for me & helped me in deciding what procedures would be best for me. I had a facelift, browlift & my upper eyes done & couldn't be happier. I still look like myself, just more refreshed looking. I would strongly recommend Dr Smoot if you are considering surgery.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

He did a terrible job on my tummy tuck!! Lumpy and scar tissue. Another doctor said it was the worst job he'd ever seen. Rude and snotty.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2008

Please,walk away! Wendell Smoot also destroyed my nose. He upsold me on neck lipo & a chin implant.("To balance my new nose!") He did my nose job & once the bandages came off, he said, "oops I missed a small piece of cartilage." He scheduled a revision 7 1/2 weeks later. (I now know is way too soon) After what was supposed to be a 30 min surgery, now 2 1/2 hours later he only said it took longer than expected. He sent me home and it was 8 days later, while I was in the most INSANE pain that he FINALLY told me that my nosed collapsed. The end result, I have permanent nerve damage in my nose and face from him digging around trying to find cartilage to repair the collapse. He NEVER should have been back in my nose that soon. EVERYDAY since awakening in the recovery rm, I have the same RAGING pain. I also had staph in my face & neck, he said, "I got it from his operating rm." Yah, I sued,& was FORCED to dismiss, why? He has A LOT of very loyal friends who WON'T talk. Where else can I post

flag | Submitted November 17, 2007

this surgeon not only destroyed my nose, he also talked me into breast implants that were later proven lethal due to the polyurethane coating on them, after 9 botched breast surgeries by him, this coating had been left inside of me after I had the last implants removed. He never told me that he'd left it inside of me, and when I heard a report on the CBC about how this implant was removed from the market, I confronted him to ask about the coating, which by then had dissolved into my own breast tissue and was therefore unretrievable. My breasts are now deformed, as is my nose, and I used all my saving and went into debt over these disastrous procedures. I've been extremely unhappy ever since.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2006