Ratings for Dr. Alan Kratenstein

HORRIBLE DENTIST!!! THE DR DID NOT CHANGE HIS GLOVES AFTER LEAVING THE EXAM ROOM!!!!!! THE OFFICE IS DIRTY, THERE WERE BLOOD STAINS ON THE CHAIR! HE RUSHED ME OUT OF THE ROOM, TOLD ME I HAD NO CAVITIES WITHOUT LOOKING IN MOUTH OR TAKING XRAYS. I TOLD HIM I HAD PAIN ON MY LEFT SIDE! WTF???? STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS CREEP!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

WORST DENTIST EVER!!!! HE MESSED UP MY TEETH SO BAD I HAD TO PAY ANOTHER DENTIST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO FIX HIS MISTAKES! ALSO HIS EXAM ROOMS ARE FILTHY. THE DR PUT A USED BIB WITH BLOOD STAINS ON ME, HE DIDN'T CHANGE HIS GLOVES AFTER HE LEFT THE ROOM. RUN FAR, FAR AWAY!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

The good: The front office staff is wonderful! Michelle was so kind & understanding. She helped me with my insurance & made sure I was registered in the office. The bad: The dentist asked the Hygenist (who was in the middle of cleaning my teeth) to hurry up & finish. I felt I was being rushed out of the chair. When it came time for the dentist to give me an exam, he spent less than 3 minutes with me. It seemed that all he wanted was to get patients in & out. If it wasn't for the front desk staff this experience would have been worse. I would advise the dentist to take a course on people skills!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

so bad had to refund all money back to my insurance company now have to have all his work replaced with new work . the worst dentist on the planet. all the time confused about what he is doing to you as hes working and very dirty office should be seen by board of health

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

the staff was helpful with my insurance. the hygienist gave me a pain free cleaning and they took me in right on my appointment time. the doctor spent time explaining my options and was easy to understand. the office appeared clean and up to date,

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

My experience was terrible!! A dentist should always and I mean always use gloves!! This dentist used his bare hands in my mouth, I was almost sick! I never will go back!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

The cleaning was good - my last hygienist was brutal so this was a relief. When dr. Kratenstein looked at my teeth he immediately tried to sell me implants instead of the "flipper" i have but he didn't notice that i was missing a tooth in the back.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

A very bad experience. Kratenstein (I hesitate to call him a doctor) spent less than 5 minutes with me, DID NOT explain anything to me, answered questions with one-word sentences, did not even come close to the chair I was sitting in, did not look at my teeth (is that normal? I did come in for a cleaning and for a general exam/questions, I really don't know how much I can expect from such a visit). He said I "may want" a crown on a tooth after I made him look at it, but did not even try to explain what a crown does, how it's installed, nothing - and I'm not a dentist to know what to ask about the procedure. So, I left without really having a better idea about what state my teeth are in, how to better care for them whether or not I should have that crown and what it was about my tooth that made him think I need a crown... The dental hygienist was pleasant, but now that I had that short interaction with the "doctor," how can I trust that he had hired a competent person? Will never ever go into that office again.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

I am a young woman and saw this dentist a few years ago for crowns. They only offered porcelain over metal type claiming that 100% porcelain crowns are not good. They were meant for my front teeth. I have seen a few other dentists since he put those crowns, all of them were shocked at seeing these crowns and asked where I got such horrible work done...I always get ashamed and have to explain that I went to the licensed Dr. and still other dentists are stunned. Maybe I should give them Dr. Kratenstein office info so they can call and ask him because I cannot explain why he did what he did in such a way as I did not train to be a doctor. Not only do the crowns look bad, with grey line near the gum, they were also made wrong, they are shaped improperly and against the standards, as a result there is distance between gums and crowns which causes constant irritation, bleeding, etc. It's possible to insert a dental tool between the gum and the crown as they are not properly set. Stay away!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

dr. kratenstein tries to charge for procedures that are covered under insurance.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012