Ratings for Dr. ALBERT T. Vitale

Dr. Vitale has been a wonderful doctor for me. He performed a vitrectomy on my left eye and did a very good job. He is quite but friendly and very knowledgeable. I intend keeping him for my doctor. I trust him.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

very knowledgeable and sympathetic with patients predicament

flag | Submitted September 24, 2011

After taking my wife to as many as 10 other Dr's we heard about Dr Vitale. Dr Vitale has been the best Dr we have ever found. I cannot say enough good things about him. As far as the rating above the interns also like to look at my wifes eyes for their learning expierence. This is a wonderful thing and shame on you for getting offended by that. Its how the medical field works. Its what makes future "good Doctors"

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

being diagonised with pars planitis and having no luck with treaments I was refered to dr. vitale.not only am I still on steriods after 2 years but dr. vitale informs me how fat I have gotten since I have been on all my medication (I am a size 3 to 5).I also understand that this is a learning university, but when the 10th person comes in to poke and probe at my eyes I start to wonder if their is any way I could charge them for their education instead of them charging me.I also get discouraged when I call them on a Monday morning to inform them the medication they have perscribed me is giving me sever chest pains and extremely high blood pressure I get to leave no more than a message with a phone call five days later.I understand their is no guarentee in medicine it is all trial and error because everyone is different but I do know that if you ever question Dr. Vitale and his medical expertise he will no longer show any compasion even when the diganosis he is making is out of his league

flag | Submitted August 30, 2008

I was diagnosed with CMV Retinitus which gave me a blind spot well below my line of sight in my left eye. I was 20/20 in the eye when I went to Dr. Vitales office to be examined. He recommended an injection he said would help. I was told by staff it would be virtually painless. After the injection I left and the novacaine wore off and I was in extreme pain for hours and my eye got swollen up. I was now also completely blind in the eye that is I could still detect light but could not make out any thing. Three months later the vision in the eye is blurry and objects are disfigured. I'm now legally blind in my left eye.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2006

Dr. ALBERT T. Vitale's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1987)