Ratings for Dr. Randall A. Ammon

I highly recommend Dr. Ammon for caring about his patients and thinking beyond the immediate problem to find the source of the problem rather than a passing patch to it. I intend to stay with hem although I have moved 100 miles away. He has earned my trust by helping me understand the problems and helping me getting rid of them.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2010

Called today 8/10/09 for a follow up and they told me his next appt is in november 2009. This is insane.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

I have to echo all of the other complaints about the office staff. Need a form? You will have to drive out and pick it up in person -- they refuse to mail it. I kid you not. Need help? How dare you. Expecting a callback? Get real. Rude and dismissive. Need an appointment? They might "squeeze you in" four months from now - I kid you not. Don't know if that's them being deliberately obstinate but given my other interactions with them I don't doubt it. Or it could be Doc simply has far too many patients. Dr. Ammon seems capable and is willing to have a genuine conversation. I went to him because my GP refused to go beyond the "TSH of 4 is normal" mantra. Dr. Ammon raised (carefully) my thyroid supplement until I actually felt better and had a much more "normal" reading of 1.2. So if you can stand the wait, it may be worth it. You'll need a thick skin and may have to restrain yourself when dealing with the office though.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Ammon is great when you eventually get to see him. His office staff, however, is the poorest I have experienced in any professional office. They are curt, rude, and altogether unfriendly. Scheduling an appointment is an ordeal. Great Doctor / lousey office

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

The staff is horrific and although I like Dr. Ammon very much, I've changed to another doctor because his staff is so rude. I've seen him for three years and have never been treated with anything but contempt by his awful staff. I really dislike them.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Ammon is very meticulous about providing care to his patients. The office staff leaves a lot to be desired.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2008

I have been going to him for only a couple months and I really think he is a great doctor. He is knowledgeable, detail oriented, and patient. His follow-up is quick. I highly recommend Dr. Ammon.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2008

I have been seeing him for over 20 years. excellent physician

flag | Submitted June 6, 2008

Staff is less than helpful. It's as if I'm asking them to do something unspeakable when I ask a simple thing. Hello, it's your job people!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2008

I had a weird pituitary tumor I had seen 2 other doctors about with very frustrating results - no information, condescension, keeping me waiting. Dr. Ammon treated me respectfully, and like an intelligent and responsible adult. Iappreciated that he always took my blood pressure, temp, and checked my weight himself, every time I saw him.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2007

Dr. Randall A. Ammon's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Pacificare

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=37676'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.7

February 18, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=37676'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 5, 2014