Ratings for Dr. Solaf Shakir

I went to her for a blood test when I was 5 weeks pregnant. Asked for a blood test to confirm that I am and check if things are ok. At 12 weeks I did another blood test with my Obs and found that my thyroid is overactive. I am not happy that all the blood tests that I have done in the past did not indicate I have this problem. I think she should have tested everything including thyroid when I did all my blood tests in the past. Now I am at a higher risk of miscarriage. I believe she is knowledgeable but she does not explain much. I asked how this will affect my pregnancy, she said "it will affect the baby's development". Thank you for your detailed explanation.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Pretty dismissive and can be rude occasionally. She can have a condescending tone when dealing with anyone that she doesn't think should be sick.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Terrible. Didn't try to actually diagnose anything, have been limping and in pain for months and was brushed off with 'take pills for the pain'. Pain that lasts over 2 months and results in limping requires more attention than 'no idea, take some pills' attitude. Not a knowledgable doctor or willingness to diagnose.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

My favourite doctor, she is very helpful and always gives me what I need to survive 10/10

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014