Ratings for Dr. William R. Maranon

Right inguinal open hernia surgery. Dr Moronang allowed me to bleed abdominal, dropping my blood pressure which caused me to suffer from a stroke. I lost 3% of my brain and left me severe speech difficulties. This man is magnitude of Quackery in medicals history! He practiced his well-rehearsaled of lawyer-doublespeak that he spoken to my wife several times.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

Right inguinal open hernia surgery. I am 70 years old. Dr Maranon did a good job. At first I was worried because I still had pain in the right testicle after 2 months and some minor pain in the area of the incision and mesh placement. Now it has been 4 months and almost all of the pain and discomfort is gone. There is a scar from the open surgery but it is not exposed and, besides that, at 70 years old the scar is not an issue with me.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Went in for a simple hernia surgery, everything seemed to be fine untill 6 weeks pass and I am having excrutiaing pain around my abdomnim. I go to my regular docto they can't find anything wrong. This goes on for three months till finnally I told the doctor ( A DIFFERENT DR.) That my hernia was back he said it was imposible since Dr. Maranon had just performed the hernia patch so orderded a battery od tests still no awnswer. Finally Another Dr. Touched where the hernia was supposed to have been repaired and eureka. He diagnosed me with hernia again. When I went in for the surgery the surgeons could not find the patch he said he put in just the hole where scare tissue was incarcerating my intestines causing me the pain. Mesh was actually installed by a different Dr. and releif came after 3 months of healing. Dr maranon did a terrible thing to me and laughed when he said he was going to cut me open again. This is why I went to a different dr. He never did the job right the 1st tm

flag | Submitted June 26, 2011

This doctor takes his time to explain things and options with you. He is an expert colorectal doctor. He helped me with internal hemorrhoids, skin tags and a fissure. No surgery was ever needed. Discomfort was very mild. I have no qualms in recommending him.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

after suffering for nearly six-months of explosion like rectal pain & being told by other surgeons that I would not know if i needed to poop or poot after surgery, my neighbor gave me a clipping from the local newspaper. i had surgery eight months ago, no more pain & when the doctor told me tht he "knew what he was doing" I knew then that my troubles would soon be over. thanks doc. you{re the greatest. Clo Banks

flag | Submitted August 27, 2008

I had to have an emergency appendectomy. Dr. Maranon was the surgeon on call at the hospital, and he took time prior to the surgery to explain exactly what he would be doing and answer all of my questions (including where he went to medical school and how many appendectomies he had performed). At my follow up appointments, he and his staff were friendly and warm. If you ever need a surgeon, I recommend Dr. Maranon. He's great.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2007

Takes time with every patient. Very compassionate and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2006

Dr. William R. Maranon's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)