Ratings for Dr. George K. Nichols

My husband had a hip replacement in July 2015. This hip dislocated twice within the first two weeks. He was diagnosed with staph and Mrsa. George Nichols popped it back in the first time and the second visit to IRMC, the E.R. Dr. Popped it back in and the site was fractured. My husband laid in a hospital bed immobile at home until Nov 20th, 2015 until we could get a true professional orthopedic specialist to remove the prosthetic. George Nichols Came to my husband's hospital room and sat in the chair and when my husband asked him what are we going to do about this, his answer was, I don't know. He got up, walked out and said, you weren't running marathons when you came in!!! This arrogant excuse for a doctor never came to my husband's room from that time forward. I would NEVER recommend him... He does not remember the oath he supposedly took!!!!! Despicable!!!!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Dr Nichols staff doesn't seem to know how to process a referral request to an insurance company, leaving me without an MRI and in pain for two weeks now. How long does it take??

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Dr. Nichols is a great doctor. He has taken care of most of family and has done a great job. He is always caring. He is a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

Dr Nichols replaced my 2 hips in 2 days over 2 years ago. He is very talented. My recovery went quickly and I am still pain free. Thanks so much !

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

He did a Total Knee Replacemet in 2001 that has never worked out. I had such pain for 15 months following the surgery he offered to do it again for nothing. I went to a 2nd surgeon that took X-Rays and said,' I am not going to tell you this a bad job, I am not going to tell you this a bad job. this is terrible. He then procedded to point out the bad surgery. I wouldn't let G.N. peel grapes for me!!!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009

Amazing doctor. I had foot two foot separate surgeries with Dr Rutledge for a cancerous tumor. He followed up with me personally on the phone the next day even though it was a weekend. My scar is very minimal. Him and his staff are very personalable and even remember the small details about you without needing to look at your chart.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2008

Dr. George K. Nichols's Credentials

• Univ Of Md Sch Of Med, Baltimore Md 21201 (Grad. 1979)