Ratings for Dr. Bernard Infeld

I have seen Dr Infeld for two separate issues. Both times I was thoroughly investigated, correctly diagnosed & successfully treated. He also managed my father-in-law's Parkinson's disease. We have found him to be very knowledgable, his explanations clear & concise, and his manner friendly & helpful. Would recommend highly.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Bernard Infeld for a few years. He has been very unhelpful and lacks any sypathy or emphathy. I asked for a CT scan of my brain to see if there was anything there to cause my worsening unbalance. He refused on thr grounds that it would only be bad news. I insisted I wantedto know the truth. When he called me with the results, at first I didn't undetstand what he meant, but he said he didn't have time to explain!!! Can you imagine!!! Finally I understood that two of the main artieres were vomplerely blocked. I was very scared and asked him if that meant that I would soon have a stroke. He answered " not necessarily, but I really can't talk to you any longer, see you next year" and hung up. Why call a patient if you have not got more than 3 minues to talk them? I always thought every doctor should have to see the film "The Doctor" with William Hurt before they get their degree, Bernard Infeld most of all. Whatever you do, don't go and see him if you want a competent and understanding. Judging from the other comments I am not the only one who thinks so.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Biggest waste of time and money. Not worth it!! There are much better neurologists out there. He diagnosed migraines, offered no treatment or help with how to manage them. I had a ten minute appointment which costs hundreds of dollars. He did not want to see me again, I also didn't want to go back. Also seemed quite arrogant.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Most amazing dedicated neurologist with a caring bedside manner. Thank you Pablo Escobar!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr Infeld diagnosed me with multiple sclerosis and offered a 3 day admission for a course of intravenous medications without even examining me or having a look at my brain MRI. Luckily I refused his treatment and sought a second opinion by a real expert at Cabrini Hospital. Dr Infeld's diagnosis and treatment plan were completely wrong. I don't have MS and intravenous medication was not necessary. Had I not sought a second opinion my life would be completely different today. STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Not impressed by Dr Infeld. Left his rooms very upset and totally lost as to results of EMG studies. He made no attempt to communicate and/or reassure me during those studies of which were very very painful and he became quiet frustrated and abrupt when I was unable to move certain fingers during the studies as required. Certainly wouldn't recommend any of my friends.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Very awkward, and a complete waste of time and money. Didn't offer any insight or further help. Ten minutes lead to a "No idea, I think you'll have to live with it" to summarise the appointment. Was running over half an hour late when I had taken time off work. By no means a "specialist" and cannot recommend. Receptionist very friendly and professional.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Did not understand my condition told other doctors more medication was need he was wrong and I was operated on next day and it all went well

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Very casual and not very helpful at all. No benefit to a patient at all

Submitted February 23, 2015