Ratings for Dr. Matthew A. Lublin

Dr. Lublin seemed done and over with his work, so blasé and even a bit sarcastic he was. Mine was a fairly straightforward procedure so I went on with him after the consultation, but I sure felt uncomfortable listening to and talking with him. Two thumbs down.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I recently had hiatal hernia repair surgery with Dr. Lublin. I found him to be a complete jerk. When I woke up from surgery I had severe neck pain. I had told the anesthesiologist the day before that I had a herniated disc in my neck. Whatever they did during surgery inflamed the disc and I was in severe pain when I woke up. When I told this to Dr. Lublin he said it was gas from the surgery. I knew it was not gas; it was my herniated disc. I told him he could confirm this by looking at my records on line or calling my rheumatologist. His answer to me was, "What do you want me to do about it - call her yourself"!. I was flabbergasted by this response and spent the next 32 hours in horrific pain to the point of tears. This caused me to have to spend an extra night in the hospital when I should have been able to leave the same day. 32 HOURS OF SEVERE PAIN. No one should ever have to endure that. Eventually after 32 hours they sent up a pain doctor who gave me the right drugs (muscle relaxant and nerve medication) and the pain subsided by about 30-40%. Even the nurses on the floor were flummoxed by my lack of care and reported this to the charge nurse. They had NONE of my medications in the chart and were not able to help me. I could not recommend Dr. Lublin to anyone. No one deserves to be treated this poorly. If you are considering surgery I suggest you find another doctor. It is now 13 days post op. In all this time I have not heard a peep from Dr. Lublin. Not a call to see how I was doing, check on my pain, diet, whatever. Nada. That is until now. Suddenly, at 8:30 tonight out of the blue I received a call from Dr. Lublin to "see how I was doing." Why was he really calling I asked knowing that in fact he could care less. Well it turns out he was upset and "disappointed" in the review I posted above. He could not seem to grasp that it was cruel and unnecessary to leave a patient in pain for 32 hours! He had no response to this fact at all when I asked him. In his mind he had done a brilliant operation and therefore I should be grateful. I am no more grateful to him for doing what he was paid to do then I am to my car mechanic who fixes my car. I pay him as well and he would never leave me in pain for 32 hours! Instead of calling to apologize for his behavior he was calling to justify it and argue with me! In his mind he did nothing wrong! In what world does a doctor leave a patient in pain for 32 hours and think he did a great job and that it was in any way, shape or form justifiable!! Maybe in Hitlers Germany, but not here and not now. I cannot believe this man is so egotistical and full of himself that he cannot see that what he did was wrong. Well, maybe after he appears before the peer review that will be taking place at St John's he will get it, but I doubt it. Maybe after he is reported to the Medical Board, but I kinda doubt that too. I'm sorry, but if you choose this guy as your doctor after reading this and get the same disrespectful lack of care and treatment that I received, then you have no one to blame but yourself. Forewarned, forearmed. It's your choice.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Dr Lublin took my wifes gall bladder out because of gallstones, we met him at my Gp office and he said he would do the sergurey that next week. AT hosipital 5 am, into serguery 7 am homeward bound 11 am. No problems and wife was very happy with the results and so was I.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

Dr. Lublin was very nice and explained things carefully before surgery as well as afterward. I was very confident with his care before and after. He came in late on a Sunday to the ER to talk to me.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Dr. Lublin repaired an inguinal hernia for me. He assured me I would be able to return to my normal, high level of physical activity with no restrictions. I am very satisfied with the results and recommend Dr Lublin highly. Today, 46 days after the surgery, I was in the gym doing deadlifts. Of course, I am starting light, but still, I did 25 lifts with 140 pounds, and 3 partial lifts with 225 pounds. I do feel some tenderness in the area after doing this so I will wait a week before trying it again. I have walked an hour each day since day 3, as vigorously as possible, and I began stretching gently as soon as it felt ok. There is often some tenderness at various times. I can see and feel myself getting better each day. Very good results, thus far.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

Dr. Lublin has a wonderful sense of humor and a very direct, genuine manner. He explained my procedure clearly and always felt I was in good hands. Unlike many specialists, his office is efficient, on time, and very friendly.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

Dr. Lublin took out 1/2 of my thyroid. He was patient and answered all of my questions, he drew pictures when I didn't understand and he calmed me down because I was very nervous. He did an excellent job and the scare is so small that even now you can hardly see it. I would recommend him to anyone contemplating this surgery. I couldn't be more pleased.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2012

My over all experience with Dr. Lublin as a Surgeon was spot on. He catered to my concerns, answered my questions, and was always polite. I felt that Dr. lublin did exactly what he felt was necessary as a doctor and by doing this he had my safety and comfort as his top most priority. I can tell you that I'm completely recovered and I now have a freedom in my life that I haven't been able to experience in a very longtime. Also, I no longer suffer from chronic pain and I'm 100% cure. Dr. Lublin haspermanently changed my life for the better and I thank him so very much for his time and dedication in helping me with my illness. I wish you all the best in your life.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

I went to Dr. Lublin to have a lypoma removed from my back. He did a great job telling me my various options (general vs. local anesthesia). He was friendly and personable throughout the procedure, even talking with me during it to help me take my mind off the fact that he was cutting / pulling a weird lump of fat out of my back! He even was cool with letting my wife take a picture of the procedure in the middle of it, and letting us take a picture of the thing after he'd taken it out. He scheduled a follow-up visit, and was very prompt in seeing me when I showed up. Now that the bandage is off, I'm amazed at how small the incision he made was to take out such a large lypoma. The lypoma itself was probably about 2-2.5 inches across; the incision was about an inch. It's healed nicely, and I imagine the scar will not be very noticeable, if at all. I highly recommend him! *Note: the amount I paid was after I'd reached my $300 deductible, which I'd have had to pay anyway somewhere else.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

Would highly recommend Dr. Lublin to anyone who is in need of corrective surgery for a hernia of any kind. I was given a prompt appointment, seen with a very short wait time, and diagnosed very quickly. Decided to schedule surgery to repair my hernia, everything commenced on schedule, and I was out of surgery in less than 1 hour. This was outpatient surgery, so I was home recovering for the next two days. I went back to work on light duty and have been back ever since. Dr. Lublin is an excellent surgeon who performed a very neat procedure on me, and if you are looking at hernia repair, you found the right surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

Dr. Matthew A. Lublin's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)