Ratings for Dr. Maggie S. Chau

Both the doctor and staff are very UNPROFESSIONAL. My mom received an appointment reminder call from the office. She went there but they just say she has no appointment and no one has made a call without saying "sorry". About the waiting time, I must agree with everyone else that it has to be at least half an hour just to have a less than 3 minutes talk with the doctor. oh, and one more thing, the doctor loves to write prescription rather than listen to the patient.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

I am 65 years old and in general good health, but had not been to a doctor in 2 years. I told her that I run anemic, but she did not both with a blood test. When she did the paps smear, she rammed the whatever up so hard I came off the table and just barely kept from screaming. I never had a physician so brutal. When she threw it out, it was all bloody. I had listed about 8 things I did not want to forget to mention, like anemia, arthritis, broken knee, she cut me off half way through, not interested. Never again! And God help anyone stupid enough to go to her.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

Office was unprofessional in my opinion. No soap in the bathroom, medical supplies strewn all over. Sign in required birthday and phone number (anyone can see), staff was not friendly, and Dr Chau pushed me through as quickly as possible and did not address my issue. In addition, she gave me a potentially dangerous medication and gave me no warnings. I didn't find out until I went to the pharmacist that I should have blood tests before taking this medication, which Dr Chau did NOT do. I think this office is only open for money and do not care about their patients.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2011

I was surprised about how UNprofessional they are. Doctor never contacted me for my lab result. Once I called in, she just told the phone operator what my health problem was. How could she tell patient's confidential information to an operator???!!! Since the operator didn't know anything about the medical, she even struggled to tell me the problem. It turned out that she yelled at me about it. In addition, the clinic seems dirty and the front desk operator is also acting like a nurse. I doubt if she has any nurse certificate. I will NOT visit back to them again!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

I absolutely hated going to this place. My mom chose her because they speak the same language, but she is one of the rudest doctor I've been to. The worst is probably the staff (rude on the phone and not any better in person)0. Definitely one of those places that are open to make money only and not about caring for patients.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009

i've seen dr. chau for at least 5 years and for a variety of issues. she's seen me same day and that says a lot for many offices. i've had several changes of health coverage and she's accepted all of them. she is still my primary and i feel comfortable in her office. overall she is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Chau for 9 years and in the beginning, it was very easy to be seen quickly and even on the same day I called! As her business has grown, so has the waiting room time (up to 25minutes ONCE), but that's not excessive in my opinion - especially compared to the wait time at my gyno's office. I rarely get same day appointments nowadays, but it doesn't bother me at all; this just shows me that she has more patients because of her competence. If I ever have an urgent issue her staff always does whatever they can to get me into the office quickly. I go to her for all kinds of problems that have come up and she is always helpful, and she refers me to competent colleagues when I need a specialist. Her assistants are not as friendly as most offices I visit, but they are thorough. Overall, my only critique is the lack of friendliness by her staff, but maybe it's because she runs a serious office - which is fine by me.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

I've to wait at least 1 hour for every single appointment. It's just a waste of time to wait such a long time for a 15 mins consultation. Dr. Chau isn't very helpful either. I've seen her 4 to 5 times for the same problem without getting a solution. It was 2 years ago and I changed my PHP right after that.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2006

Dr. Maggie S. Chau's Credentials

• Western U Hlt Sci Col Osteo Med Of The Pacific, Pomona Ca 91766 (Grad. 1992)