Ratings for Dr. Rachel L. Fishman Oiknine

Rude and unprofessional doesn't listen. Comes in taps on computer orders tests and never gives you the results

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Dr. Fishman didn't spend 5 minutes in the room, talked very fast and was not very friendly at all! Gave a diagnosis, handed me a pamphlet and said, "This is what you have. Read this." Would not recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I had to wait two and a half months for an appointment with Dr. Rachel Fishman. She was running late and spent less than ten minutes with me, despite the fact that I was a new patient. She was unfriendly and dismissive about my health concerns. She is clearly tired of women blaming weight gain on their thyroid. She is a size two. I faxed some questions asking her to compare previous lab work and it was five weeks before her staff called me. She never spoke to me, and her staff only offered vague answers. Lastly, I received another patient's bill from Labcorp. Fishman's staff claimed that the mistake was not theirs and told me to call Labcorp. They did not care! The whole experience was negative and disappointing. I wish I had selected another MD.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

She spends zero time w/you. I was in & out in 10 min when she told me my biopsy showed cancer... She is rude and showed NO empathy & has no personality & is very arrogant! Like it was no big deal... she was in a hurry- she types on her computer during your appt! She won't make eye contact w/you either!! She is flying by the seat of her dad's pants... He is the only reason she has a job there. I had surgery in Jan. & she didn't want to see me till March then late May even when i have called to say i am not feeling well still... my hair is falling out and she told me to go see my primary dr...! . If i could give a half star i would. terrible. Oh & if you see her in the hall- she won't smile or say hello. Shallow.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. Rachel was very rude, completely uninterested in anything I had to say and condescending. I waited an extended amount of time and she spent maybe five minutes with me. She does not listen, abruptly cut me off and starred at her computer the entire time. Did not address any of my symptoms and treated me like I was looking for a diet pill! She ordered a blood test to check my thyroid levels (I have Hashimotos) but said I may want to see my regular doctor if my levels are normal because its not my thyroid. She showed zero empathy and does not seem knowledgable in regards to thyroid issues, which are very complex. She is also only interested in treating thyroid sympyoms with one medication and treats you like you know nothing about your own body. Very disappointed and will not be returning!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Not only is she rude and condescending, she doesn't listen and actually cuts you off while you are speaking. Treats you as if you couldn't possibly know anything about your own body. Kept me waiting for an extended period of time since met with two pharmaceutical reps about 5 minutes before my actual appointment time. Didn't bother reading any of the paperwork her office required I fill out. Wanted to know how regular my periods were even though I documented my previous hysterectomy. She is rude rude rude! I will not be going back and will find an endocrinologist who treats me as paying customer, not someone they are doing a favor for. She needs to learn manners and perhaps join "Snobs Anonymous". I pay way too much for insurance to tolerate her attitude.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

VERY ABRUPT, ALMOST RUDE CONDESCENDING LATE FOR APPT 45 MINUTES MY FIRST BASICALLY SAID I WAS THERE FOR A "DIET PILL" WHEN I MENTIONED WEIGHT GAIN I WILL HAVE AN ULTRASOUND AND BLOOD TESTS WERE DONE. BUT I WILL FIND SOMEONE WHO SHOWS A LITTLE INTEREST AND COMPASSION.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I have had a much different experience with Dr. Rachel Fishman Oiknine than the other posters. Every time I have had an appointment, she has answered all of my questions and taken a genuine interest in my symptoms. She has adjusted my medication accordingly based on my symptoms even when my labs showed that things were ok. I have made phone calls to check on my lab work and although I got a voicemail, I was promptly called back and given answers to my questions. Although I have had some appointments with a longer than desired wait time, I think that shows that Dr. Fishman spends time with her patients even if that means falling behind in her schedule.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

She was the first endocrinologist that I consulted about my textbook hypothyroid symptoms. I was seen an hour after my scheduled time at every one of my visits. To say that her bedside manner could use improvement is an understatement. Dr. Fishman was always cold, rushed, uninterested, and devoid of any empathy. After my initial diagnoses of only a thyroid tumor and subsequent biopsies, I was told to come back every 6 months for checkups. Nothing was ever done about my symptoms and she avoided all questions about any possible treatment. Her complete lack of interest in my health was completely unacceptable. I lost complete hope in ever feeling better the whole time I was under her care. Fortunately I eventually found a doctor who immediately recognized my outward symptoms of hypothyroidism that escaped Dr. Fishman…most likely because she never actually looked up from her chart to see them.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

I went to my initial visit and was taken back after a short 15min wait. The nurse who took my vitals was very sweet and friendly. Dr. Rachel came in and I could immediately tell that she was rushed. She stared at her computer as she asked questions (then interrupted my answers) and hurried to get me out of the room to have blood taken. It took two weeks to get results and EVERY single time I called, no matter what extension I clicked, I got a voicemail. They called over and over AFTER I left a voicemail saying I was going to find a different doctor and it was obvious they hadn't listened to it

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr. Rachel L. Fishman Oiknine's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Workers Comp