Ratings for Dr. D. Natarajan

Dr. Natarajan is very knowledgeable and genuinely wants to improve patient outcomes. When reading ratings for a psychiatrist I think you need to realize that the people leaving them (including me) have some level of mental illness. Psychiatrists aren't magicians or mind readers. You have to be your own best advocate and put the work in if you want to feel better.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2018

I highly recommend Dr. Natarajan. He is very understanding and kind. He actively listens and he genuinely cares.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Was made to see this Doctor who knows nothing in my opinion about mental health. A total joke!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Dr Natarajan. He very knowledgable, he listens and cares. He is the doctor that other doctors send their hard to treat patients to. He is a pioneer in the field of using electromagnatisum to substitute ECT. He went to Harvard for this training. I wish I could give him 6 stars.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Definitely one of the better psychiatrists in Regina. Never makes you wait too long, his staff is always friendly, and he offers mostly good advice. The only downside, and this seems to be common with a lot of psychiatrists, is he doesn't always listen to what you are saying which can sometimes feel dismissive. Otherwise, a professional and good doc with lots of experience.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr Natarajan has been nothing short of a miracle for me. I'm alive because of him. He is always kind, knowledgeable and really takes the time to listen. He really is the most caring Doctor I have ever had. This is so important when you are dealing with someone who suffers from Mental illness. He has great questions that give him a lot of info on what's going on with you. I feel so blessed to have him for a my Psychiatrist. Thanks Dr Natarajan and keep up the good work. You have changed my life and the lives of so many.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Apologies to the staff for the low rating. However, I don't think a psychiatrist's staff and punctuality should bring a bad doctor's ratings up, particularly a psychiatrist - where staff and punctuality are not crucial. I had the same experience as many others. Dr. Natarajan not only could not remember me or my situation from one appointment to the next, but he obviously never checked his files. In addition to serious depression and anxiety, I suffer severe chronic pain and other health issues. I had always been a high functioning driven professional who easily worked 60 hours or more a week and a single mother with sole responsibility for two children, but was off work as I could no longer function. Dr. Natarajan breezed in, had me fill out the personal rating questionnaire, told me he wouldn't provide any supporting information to an insurance company for a claim for disability (before this topic even came up) and in minutes of meeting me seemed to decide I was a bored housewife and I'd be fine if I just went back to my job as a "telephone operator". I was not and never had been a housewife, and I have two University degrees and was a highly placed professional who could no longer remember anything I was working on, obsessed over unimportant details to the complete detriment of productivity and couldn't provide advice at work or discuss the slightest contentious issue without bursting into tears - which completely undermined my professional credibility and thus my ability to do my job. But Dr. Natarajan couldn't seem to absorb the idea that a woman working at a telecom company didn't just answer phones for a living. Within minutes of meeting me he told me to just go back to work and I'd be better and then told me I should have ECT. When I expressed reservations about running electricity through my brain (when my family's entire livelihood rested on my intellectual abilities) and wanted more information and time to research ECT he seemed to become impatient and immediately wrote a quick prescription for a new medication and dismissed me. (I have taken a numerous antidepressants over the years with only moderate success and was on more than one at the time). The medication he gave me turned out to be for a condition I did not have and caused me to suddenly become extremely suicidal to the point where I was planning to leave my children parentless. Luckily I had a moment of lucidity and called my g.p. who had me discontinue the medication. The next time I saw Dr. Natarajan he again didn't look at my file and had no recollection of who I was or what my situation was and just consisted of a few minutes of my trying to remind him of my situation although he kept talking over me and never seemed to listen, followed by his handing over sample medication or changing dosage. I eventually told my g.p. that there was no point in my going back. As far as I could tell, he seemed to feel that because I wasn't psychotic or suffering from severe psychiatric disorders, it wasn't worth his time to deal with a woman with depression. I can't say whether or not he is effective dealing with disorders such as schizophrenia and such, but he shouldn't be accepting patients with depression if he doesn't take their situations seriously or think it worth his time.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr Natarajan was my doctor after a situation of severe depression and a stressful work burnout. The personal rating questionnaire rating yourself between 1-5 in all situations was how he determined your mental health. Medication was prescribed. If the situation involved an insurance company regarding long term disability reporting, a low self score made him waiver on his position of eligibility and how his report would look to the insurance company. He constantly forgot important situations and relevant information. His suggestion for trying electrocompulsive therapy

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Dr. Natarajan is a very caring doctor. He changed my life and made me realize that life is to be lived and focus on positive things and build the future with positive attitude. He supported me with disability appropriately and made me get back to work when I was dreading to go back thinking I may fail to cope with work and supported me all through the transition. My supervisor at work also was not a good guy to work with but I learnt that if I focus on my work it could be therapeutic. I enjoy my work even though there are bad elements in work place. He changed the way I look at the outside world. He is very knowledgeable and knows the stuff. I would strongly recommend him for everyone.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

This is the worst Dr I have ever had,in 2003 I had him as a dr and he supported me being off work and agreed I was being harassed by a employer and when I spent 22yrs at the same job was burned completely out and he agreed,then when employer had moved me to a different position but under the same supervisor that had harassed me,dr .natarajan would no longer support me and forced me to quit my job...I had applied for disability was denied because natarajan again told them that I did not qualifiy for disability,so I lost a$42,000 a yr job and no financial support which affected me for many yrs after NEVER TRUST THIS GUY<HE"LL RUIN YOUR LIFE UP !!!!YOUR WARNED!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016