Ratings for Dr. R. P. Berger

For a Dentist, he has bad breath... Terrible doctor! Terrible staff! I have trouble with anesthesia and numbing at all dentists, but he assured me he could take out my wisdom teeth pain free in under 45 minutes. He removed one tooth in 45 minutes. I was in pain and crying during the surgery! He brought my mom into the surgery during the second tooth and said "she anticipated pain so she's acting as if she is. I am going to close now" and sowed the wisdom tooth back in.. He didn't finish the surgery or remove the rest of my teeth! Sent me home 5 minutes after close and got mad at me for being in pain. IF YOU CAN'T DO THE SURGERY ON SENSITIVE PATIENTS/TEETH, DON'T TRY. My face is swollen as hell and I'm in the most pain - without pain medication - just antibiotics.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2018

Very awesome doctor. Had some wisdom teeth removed. Very good at his work. Very friendly and helpful staff as well

flag | Submitted November 26, 2018

My overall experience with Dr. Berger was excellent. He is very well mannered, accomodating and appropriately humorous. He thoroughly explained what to expect from the processes and potential risks of my procedure (wisdom teeth extraction). I have bad dental/surgucal anxiety and he and his staff made sure I felt as comfortable as possible. My only complaint is his punctuality. Nothing huge but when I was waiting for my consultation I was sitting in the waiting room with another patient and learned that we were both scheduled at the same time

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

This office is absolutely frustrating. I called upon referral from my dentist to get my wisdom teeth extracted. The first time I called there was no answer or machine. The second time, someone picked up but told me I can't make an appt on Fridays (not scheduling on Friday, just calling) so I'd have to call back Monday. Called Monday and got my appt. Fine and dandy. A couple months down the road. My cell phone ended up dying so I lost the calendar where I stored the date and time of the appt. I called today to ask for a reminder of my appointment time and was told I could not be given that information and would have to call back in TWO WEEKS. Someone please get some organization and customer service in this office. Beyond brutal. Next time I call it will be to cancel as I've booked with a new surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

After getting my two bottom wisdom teeth extracted, I developed dry socket. It's everyone's worst nightmare! It was so painful over the weekend and medications were not helping. I called the 24 hour line and was able to see him Monday morning. He applied medicated gauze strips and I had instant relief. He continued to change the dressings for a few days until the pain subsided. Dr Berger and his staff were so accommodating. I've never had such amazing service. He truly cares about his patients. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing an oral surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I had my 4 wisdom teeth taken out last week!! I was scared and I am the worst patient in the world , cause I am an RN, so I know too much!!! The staff was fabulous and Dr. Berger was patient and so meticulous!! I will refer anyone to this office as they are professional and kind and very helpful!! They have all worked at that office for a really long time, so that tells you that they love their jobs!! I have and would recommend Dr. Berger and his staff to anyone!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Last week I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed by Dr . Berger. As I was very nervous and felt so comfortable as soon as I walked in the door. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful . Dr. Berger was very friendly and knowledgeable I felt quit comfortable. I was in so much discomfort with these dam teeth they were able to get me in the following week. I had sedation and don’t remember a thing. The nurse and the assistants were amazing I can’t say enough about this office. This office is number 1 in my books and would highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

The place is alright. The lady at the front desk is not well mannered, I think she try's to be but just comes across with a rude tone which I suppose is not her fault. I am a dental assistant and I did not feel like the assistant at the office cared for me as much as I would care for one of my patients. When the doctor came in he did not say much, I was shaking due to the room being slightly cold and to me being slightly nervous. The doctor was trying to get the IV in but because I was shaking was rude about it and said "do you want me to stop here, if we stop it effects nothing on my end". I was not pleased with this comment as I was paying over 1000$ just to have two teeth removed. During the procedure I came out of the sedative state a few times and remember them being quite rough on my mouth, which sometimes sedation doesn't fully work for some people so in that case they should try to be more careful incase someone does remember. Overall my experience wasn't great and I likely would not go back to this office as I have heard better things about other oral surgeons in the area. After the surgery the healing went well except for the fact that on one side they stitched my cheek to my gums, after 7 days the stitches started to tighten and I could not open my mouth to even get a spoon in it without the stitches tightening in my cheek and bleeding because they were pulling so much. I haven't gone back to the office yet to see how they will deal with this situation. Overall my experience was not the greatest, and I am not a person to usually complain.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed, something that I had been putting off and dreading for several years. With both my consultation and the actual surgery, I could not be more impressed by (or thankful for) both Dr. Berger and the staff. They explained everything that was happening, checked in on me often to ensure that I was okay, and allowed me to voice any concerns or ask any questions as needed. (Even as foolish as "what will the IV feel like?") I don't remember anything about the extraction - sedation worked very well - and the staff made sure that I waited until I was ready to leave. I'm thankful it's over, and even more thankful I was in the hands of this team!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed with a conscious sedation. He explained everything as he did so I had no questions. Before I was quite nervous but his friendly assistants combined with his relaxed, knowledgeable demeanor made me very comfortable. I had a bit of swelling after which is normal but his stitches were very good and I stopped bleeding a couple of hours after which was nice. If you have him as your oral surgeon you have nothing to worry about. He also charges very close to SK dental fee guide which is nice because some other local oral surgeon don't. I rate a 4 on punctuality but I only had to wait 10ish minutes, so not to bad.

Submitted April 21, 2014