Ratings for Dr. William M. Carr

Dr. Carr has a huge problem with eye contact. He only talk to the parent and has no interest in talking to children. Why in the heck is he a Pediatrician if he can't relate with children? He treated my daughter as if she were an animal. A small procedure that should have been numbed wasn't - he was experimenting!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013

Dr. Carr was my pediatrician as a child and so of course i wanted to take my children to him as well, however after the passing of his wife i think he should've totally retired b/c anyone who has ever seen this doctor will say he is just not the same. However when you are a doctor for children you need to be compassionate to parents and children, patient,and make eye contact for crying out loud!! You are in the profession where you need to have people skills and he and his staff most certainly do not!! The girls in the front desk are completely disgusting and snotty! Beware of this office completely.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

I am looking for a new Peds office Asap!! We have been here since feb, and the first couple visits I was in and out. The last couple months I have made early appointments for my son, and waited almost two hrs to be seen all of 2-3mins. Very sickening how much I wanted to scream with anger. Needs better staffing and scheduling. There should not be 6 people scheduled at 9 if the ONLY dr doesnt get there til 945 himself! Craziness at best there.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

The staff in the front is unfriendly. When you are there they will NOT acknowledge you. Waiting to actually be seen takes forever. More time then should be expected at a doctor’s office. I had an appointment at 9am. I was there 5 min early. When I first took my children there a woman came in and said her appointment was at 9:45am but was hoping to be seen sooner. She was seen at 9am and I had to wait until 9:45 for my appointment. Mine was given to this woman who came in after me and who was not scheduled that early. My time is important too but was disregarded. I feel like I am looked at like something disgusting someone stepped on. Dr. Carr himself as well as the nurses are great but the front desk staff makes me want to take my children elsewhere. It is my opinion that they should be trained to deal with people better of be they should be let go. It is a shame that they are ruining Dr. Carr’s reputation (yes, they have one)

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

They are generally knowledgable, but severly understaffed resulting in very long wait times. They have a new administrative staff who are not great with processing insurance claims. Debbie is the better pediatrician to visit and genuinely loves children. Dr. Carr is a good man, but tends to think everyone is overreacting when their child is sick. He is an overall good doctor and I will continue to take my children there - I just think they need better time and administration.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

Debbie is great,Dr.Carr on the other hand is not I still take my son there but we only see Debbie the first time we saw Dr.Carr he told be nothing was wrong with my son that we were over reacting ,2 days later we saw Debbie and he had RSV.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Staff and nurses wonderful. Debbie is great. Dr. Carr seems a little unapproachable. I have only been to this office for 7 visits and 2 of them I have waited at least 1-1/2 hours in the waiting room and additional time once I was led back to the exam room. Definitely has the hometown feel but not really impressed.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2008

The doctor is very rude with parents.He told me to shut my mouth and let him talk when I was asking him about the virus my daugther had.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2008

Several times told me I was being an overconcerned mother and my daughter was fine. Finally switched to a nationally-known Pediatric Endocrinologist who confirmed my daughter has a severe growth disorder.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2008

Dr Carr is one of the finest physicians we have come across. He has been Primary care for our two sons for 15 years and has always put their health first. His competence and technique gave us peace of mind, without which we would have surely gone crazy. Wait times have been long at times, but never when our boys truly needed to see him quickly. His staff is always courteous and compassionate. I am just sorry he is limited to Pediatrics.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2008

Dr. William M. Carr's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Ga Sch Of Med, Augusta Ga 30912 (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Stafford, VA