Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth T. Hunter

The staff was pleasant and helpful. The wait time was practically non existent as I seemed to be the only patient in the office that day which struck me as odd. I've had many pap smears done and never has any other dr performed a rectal exam a they did the pelvic. No warning was given before the recto vaginalexam was performed. I felt very uncomfortable and violated. I will not be returning to dr hunters office

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

Horrible bedside manner, and wouldn't recommend anyone to her.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2012

I first became a patient of Dr. Hunter in 2002, when another doctor told me that lactating nine years after the birth of my last child was okay. Dr. Hunter new immediately what might be the cause. After the proper lab work, it was confirmed and she was correct. I appreciated the time that she took at the initial consultation, my first appointment. I admit, when it comes to the pap smears, she should give a verbal warning. Other than that, I feel that she is competent in her field. If you are looking for light-hearted and perky, she isn't for you.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

Had an exam done that I didn't ask for and was charged $15 for a cotton ball. Don't go to this person. Awful.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

My 1st experience with Dr. Elizabeth T. Hunter, she told me to lay on my back and spread my legs. Dr. Hunter gave me no warning that she was going to shove a large spatula and crank a spreader to the point I felt my skin stretch from inside me and burn with pain. I don't know why I stuck to Dr. Hunter's plan of getting a Pap, STD test, and blood work every three months. Her office scheduled me for appointments I never made and would send me bills. After I sent a letter to Dr. Hunter's office, telling them I no longer wanted Dr. Hunter's services, 4 months later, I get a letter from her office saying she will no longer treat me because of my excessive miss of appointments and that I need to get my ADD under control. WTF? Be weary of what medical information you release to Dr. Hunter's she use anything to save her butt. For all the knowledge she got at Yale, she has no use for it. She does not know how to communicate or sympathize with humans. Books, maybe? Humans, no.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

My wife and I went to Dr. Hunter (saying Dr. in respect). First thing she did was send her for the most expensive test first. Then billed her insurance wrong. Then on the follow up with the answers she had she was Ms. Indecisive. Could not get a direct answer from yes,no,maybe was the conversation. Also walking into her office was like walking into a Mary Kay sales room. Not very professional. Is she a doctor or a cosmetic sales person. Very unprofessional. We were also asked sign a waver not to sue for she has no insurance. An does not return phone calls. It is your body so it is your call. I am just calling it the way I see it. Please look on for another doctor you would be better off. The staff is somewhat difficult. Your asked to be there at a certain time and then to find out the door is locked.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009

I went to Dr. Hunter because I just found out I was pregnant. She decided to do a pap without telling me and did a recto-vaginal as well. That was super shocking because in all the years I've done paps, never had that happen. She was not friendly, not talkative, and after she did my exam told me that she doesn't do OB anymore. Nice. Thanks for nothing.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Hunter for a number of years and was satisfied but lately I have been feeling uncomfortable with her practice. You now have to sign a bunch of paperwork regarding her lack of liability insurance, visits are often rescheduled and the wait time is getting longer. The patient focus is no longer there it is now a business I can understand the need to make money but I need more from my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

My former doctor retired so I started going to Dr. Hunter. Surgery, which I now know was unnecessary. The hospital said that she is known for her tardiness. When she came in almost 2 hours late, she did not apologize, or acknowledge my husband at all and was not friendly to me. My last visit to her, she did a pap, which I was not due for, and so insurance did not cover it. I will not go back to her. Unfriendly, to the point of being rude at times, always extremely late and not just when there is an emergency.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

My one and only visit to Dr. Hunter was quite possibly one of the worst experiences of my life. Not only is her bedside manner terrible,she does not listen and gives misinformation, but having a pelvic exam was actually painful. My GP has always done my PAPs and pelvics but this last time I decided to go to a regular GYN. Unlike my GP who used a plastic speculum and is always very gentle and careful, Dr. Hunter used a large metal speculum, she was forceful and aggressive, gave no consideration to the fact that I was in tears and trying to pull away because it hurt so much and then had the nerve to say to me "Are you always so tender?" I am not tender at all, I just don't like being man handled. Furthermore, she did a rectopelvic exam and did not tell me she was going to do it, she just went for it. I was hurting from the pelvic exam anyway and that just added insult to injury. I was sobbing by the time I left her office and would not wish my experience with her on my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2008

Dr. Elizabeth T. Hunter's Credentials

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 15261 (Grad. 1979)

HealthFirst