Ratings for Dr. Michael Richler

Great doctor for yearly check ups and shots. Not very good with spotting serious health issues. Misdiagnosed Mono, eating disorder and serious mental health issues in a fifth grader. Child was in care of CHEO mental health care for four years and missed 2.5 years of high school, Much suffering could have been prevented with proper diagnosis.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

I've had the absolute worst experiences with dr. Richler. He also told me to stop breastfeeding my Baby and that I was "doing it all wrong. That I shouldn't be feeding my 6mo old on demand but put him on a schedule that was only three meals a day." Not only that he recommends feeding the 6mo old "tinned meat". This is the worst advice I have ever heard. Not only does the American Pediatric Association disagree with this but it's just cruel to expect a 6mo old baby to eat only every 6hrs. He spends very little time with you. (Two minutes tops?!) Even though his waiting room is empty every time we have been there. He's extremely curt and dismissive. We're lucky that our baby has been healthy but I can't even imagine what would happen if our child was actually sick. I don't expect handholding or indulging ridiculous dr. Google information but I expect courtesy, professionalism and knowledge. None of these are apparent with dr. Richler. If you love your child, do not take him to dr Richler.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Excellent doctor - great with the kids. Provides pragmatic insight without trivializing.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Fantastic Rochelle Handelman........................

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

There is no better paediatrician. Please don't retire!!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

I did not have good experiences with him. He always rushed us out of his office. He told me to stop breastfeeding my 6 month old baby and start him on cow's milk. He told me to feed my son ground beef with Ketchup. Ketchup is full of sugar. Wasn't impressed!!!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

My daughter has a few medical issues and Dr Richler and his staff have always been so kind, helpful and knowledgeable. I am grateful for the care they provide. Dr Richler has a wealth of experience. I have and would continue to recommend him to anyone looking for a pediatrician.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

He has been our Pediatrician for 21 years and I am absolutely thankful for that....He is a great and straight to the point kind of Doctor and my Children always get the best care. His staff is absolutely amazing and are always willing to listen and answer your Questions, Feels like family😊....I am Very Happy with all the care My children have received and feel lucky He is there doctor....

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

We have had a bit of an uneven experience with Dr. Richler. He is always punctual. Staff are wonderful. Never a wait for an appointment. Accommodating as all get out. When things are well, he is reassuring, and everything probably would have worked out OK anyway. Our kids are the kids who have had the weird stuff--and he has missed on three occasions, each time resulting in an admission to CHEO. Most of the time, with kids, hoofbeats mean a horse, but sometimes it's a zebra....

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

We have nothing but the greatest admiration and respect for Dr. Richler. Fabulous with the kids!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016