Ratings for Dr. Shannon H. Brownfield

He was my primary doctor for over 2 years. I started having really bad chest pains, asked him to do an EKG on me, and some other tests to rule out it being a heart condition. He would not.. just say "This is extremely... unusual.." He said it was anxiety.. 3 months later, I ended up in the ER with blood pressure over 190, they had to give me nitro cause they thought I was having a heart attack, the doctor there said my triglycerides were over 2,000.. and I had HIGH blood pressure (he always told me I had low to normal blood pressure) He would not put me on blood pressure medicine.. then my cholesterol shot through the roof (over 500) and instead of checking to see why my lips were swollen up everyday for several days because of my high cholesterol (which I later found out from my NEW primary doctor, that that is what was causing the swelling) Dr. Brownfield instead put me on HERPES medication, that cost over $200!!!! I've NEVER had that my entire LIFE, I was so shocked by his unprofessional behavior, I went and got a new primary doctor that is an hour and a half away.. I would not recommend doctor Brownfield, most certainly not if my life depended on a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

He was awesome with my 4 year old. Even though he's a fighter and was kicking and screaming Dr. Brownfield was very patient and kind.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

Empty waiting room should warn you- no one else is dumb enough to see this doctor. Wish I had known better. All about the money, ordered more tests than I needed for problems I don't even have. A breathing test? A full lab panel? My sugar checked? Recommended a GI test? I had a rash. Did I really need all that?

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

Dr. Shannon H. Brownfield's Credentials

• Univ Of Ar Coll Of Med, Little Rock Ar 72205 (Grad. 2000)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Top Hospitals in Harrison, AR