Ratings for Dr. Vishal S. Mahabir

Dr Mahabir is an incredible doctor, diagnostician and person. His medical knowledge is more extensive than any other doctor (or combined team of doctors) I have ever met. This coupled with a genuine desire to treat you not as a medical case, but an individual person with concerns, fears and goals makes him the complete medical practitioner. After only a brief discussion with Dr Mahabir he had identified my concerns, diagnosed me correctly, outlined effective treatment/management and backed his findings with test results and up to date evidence. Dr Mahabir is truly a one in a million doctor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Amongst the best physicians I have ever met. Full of helpful and accurate knowledge and able to competently apply it to solve my diagnostic dilemma. This doctor has a very sound grasp of medicine which we rarely see these days. I myself am a physician and come from a family of physicians and was very impressed by his ability to tear apart my problem and then build it back up to my current issues to reach the diagnosis then treat me correctly. I have been in practice for about 12 years longer than him but his solid foundation makes him very powerful in understanding medicine at a level that few have. I saw a comment on where he is located. I found him at Inova Fairfax Hospital in the metro DC area. Very humble, listens carefully and not at all hesitant to ask me anything he thought was important to diagnosing my problem. I can't recommend him highly enough. DC, Inova in particular is fortunate to have this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

It's been 10 years today that this young looking doctor approached me with a completely different diagnosis than what I was told by 3 other doctors for 2 years. They all said I had some type of cancer in my liver and gave me a year more to live. In the emergency room in New York Dr. Mahabir saw me and within minutes handed me a new diagnosis which was treatable. I even had the pathology paper showing him they said I was likely having cancer but he still disagreed and prove it by calling the lab where I had it done and asking them to re read the slide-and he was right! The slide was not actually 'conclusive'. He repeated the biopsy anyway to confirm and to alleviate my fears and yes he was right! It's been 10 years today and I'm perfectly fine, not even a hint of a problem. And to think when I first saw Dr. Mahabir, I thought he looked too young to be a doctor..he defines what all doctors should be like. Thank you Dr. Mahabir! If you ever read this, where are you now? We need you in NYC

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Dr. Mahabir saved my life also! After several years of running around from doctor to doctor and no one knowing what was going on with me, I finally met him by chance. He put away his pen and paper, sat down and listened from the start to the finish. He diagnosed me dead on the money. I'm cured now and living my life once again and loving it. If you don't know what's wrong with you and no one else knows, look for him. He will help you the way a real doctor was meant to help you. A real life Dr. House but with manners!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2011

Not only is dr.mahabir an excellent physician he actually cares. He saved my life. You don't find doctors like this anymore who care for the whole person. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Able to diagnose ANYTHING! EXTRAORDINARY medical ability.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2011