Ratings for Dr. Man Ling Ngai

Dr. Ngai is the worst doctor I have ever had. She has no bedside manner, is always in a hurry and doesn’t explain things thoroughly. She is a money picker. Heard her telling a patient that she is earning money every minute and can’t waste too much time explaining things to the patient. She doesn’t care about her patients either. She even told a pregnant woman a way not to let the baby come out so that she could finish seeing all her patients in her office before going to the hospital to deliver for the patient. It was all because if a doctor in the hospital delivered instead of Dr. Ngai, she won’t get paid for the delivery. No ethics at all. What a shame!! Not to mention the unprofessional manner of her staffs and long waiting time. Would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr.Man Ling Ngai talks fast, impatient, doesn't listen to her patient. Very bad.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I just left Dr Ngai's office after waiting an hour past my appointment time, WOTHOUT EVEN GETTING TO SEE HER!!! When I made the appointment, I already told the staff to give me an appointment that allows me enough to make it to my MRI appointment later that day. They told me the afternoon is not so busy so waiting won't be a problem. When I got there, there were only 3 patients there waiting. I waited and waited, remined the staff I have to leave in an hour for my next appointment. But no, I never got to see the doctor before I has to leave.This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME! I'm switching doctor. They are so unprofessional.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

She shouldn't be qualified a doctor, she became very bad temp after I told her that her medicine didn't work for me . She has no medical ethics at all with bad skills. I will never ever visit again,

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

Didn't read all the reviews but from skimming through some, I have to agreed the wait time is very long! I booked an appointment to see Dr. Ngai at 11:30am and I didn't get to see her until almost 12:30pm or sometimes 1pm. Sometimes the staff is okay, they tell you there's 4 or 5 more people before you but you see more than 5 people being called and your told 15 more minutes and when the time comes around, it's still not your turn. Thats little misleading. Overall experience, Dr. Ngai knows her stuff, easy to talk to, yes sometimes feel she's hurrying her words. I have been seeing her more than 3 years now, despite the long wait I will go back. Go on a weekday, early mornings when the weather is gloomy. Less people but better than 20!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013

I've been going to Dr. Ngai since I was 21 in 2008. Maybe it was my timing then, but I never had to wait more than 1 hour to see her even on a walk-in basis. She is very knowledgeable, and nice when you catch her on a good day. She does return phone calls at night, which is good. She is one of the more experienced OB/GYNs in Chinatown, and since then her practice has expanded greatly to the point where even at my 10:30AM appointment, there were 20 patients already in her waiting room! Needless to say, I waited way too long for my appointment. To make matters worse, her staff is excessively rude to patients. I like Dr. Ngai alot, and she's a good doctor, but it's just not worth the stress and hassle.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2012

Dr. Man Ling Ngai does take the time to really listen to you, She so busy and in a hurry. Feel like a cattle and she talk so fast I truly don't understand what she talking about. Everyone in the office can feel the tension. It's not worth going there. My advice go seek another. If you can't ask your own questions and understand why go, especially when your health is concern. There others who are better.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2012

I've been to Dr. Ngai's several times & seriously thinking of switching to a different doctor. The wait time is 2 hours even with appointment. Dr. Ngai is always in a hurry and impatient. I never get to finish describing my symptoms or ask questions because She always try to rush me out of the room. Obviously she's more money driven than anything else. Her staff are also rude and disrespectful.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr. Ngai is nice and she is always in a hurry. She seems impatient sometimes when talking to you since overbooked. Her staff are so ill-mannered, rude and disrespectful. They talk about you behind your back and laugh. When you are there, you even can feel their arrogance and disrespect. Terrible human being!!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

Dr. Ngai is great. I've been seeing her for 15 years. She's knowledgeable and have good bedside manners. However, her staff (all of them) is atrocious. They had the worst manners, complain about patients out loud in front of other patients and provide the worst customer service. They have a tendency to overbook and get irate when patients are upset that they've been waiting for 1-2 hours. Dr. Ngai should fire them all and hire a better staff to compliment her service.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

Dr. Man Ling Ngai's Credentials

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1994)