Ratings for Dr. Richard G. Alvarez

Worse waiting time ever, first time at the office as a new patient I waited for about 2 hours! So rude to do this with the patient. I am looking for another doctor

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. Alvarez is by far the best foot and ankle guy in town and the only person I would ever go to. I have had 2 surgeries with him and have had outstanding results. He knows his stuff. Yes, you have to wait to see him but if I walked into an orthopedic office and didn't have to wait, I would be a little concerned. He always gives me the time I need once he gets to me so I never mind waiting. His staff is amazing and is always very helpful. Dr. Alvarez truly cares about his patients and wants them to have a great outcome. Dr. Alvarez is the best when it comes to foot in ankle!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

Seeing Dr Alvarez for approx 5 years he's the best! Until I found him I was in sever pain all the time! Great Dr

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

I have been a paitent at ortho south for 4 years and can now walk again pain free thanks to Dr Alvarez! He's the best foot ortho person I have ever been to! Thank you Dr Alvarez!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Dr. Alvarez is wonderful. He has done surgery on my foot and cared for me since I moved to Chattanooga. It's hard to get an appointment with him because he is so busy, but he is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

be very cautious of him he double talks alot and flip flops and says one thing and then says another i left more confused then when i came in

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

best doctor I ever used. I could not be more satisfied with my surgery and the overall outcome of my treatment.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

I agree with the previous patient's comment about feigning knowledge and interrupting. I have a bleeding disorder and prior to surgery he let on like he knew all about it - wrong. Follow-up appts after surgery where canceled and rescheduled twice. Waiting times were about 90 mins and when seen he is distracted and not helpful in answering questions and was very cocky. Staff (front office and nursing staff) are VERY unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

This visit was based upon a physician referral or I would not have gone to him in the first plce. This doctor was totally unfamiliar with a long-standing orthopedic issue I presented and instead feigned knowledge that was completely unrelated to the problem I was experiencing. He also fails to listen to the patient when he asks a question and instead interrupts them REPEATEDLY with yet ANOTHER totally unrelated diagnosis (also wrong!). The total office experience was frustrating. I've experienced a long history of orthopedic doctors for a variety of both personal and other family issues, and I was most disappointed in both his knowledge of the disorder I presented and his off-putting behavior. I will not be returning for his recommended diagnostic treatment which is of absolutely no value to the issue I presented. I will instead return to another area orthopedist I've used previously who is far more knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and with a much better doctor-patient manner.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

Dr alvarez did surgery on my foot for a bunion and dislocated toe. Before I had the surgery it was very painful for me to walk but now I have no problem at all. Another doctor had operated on my foot in 1998 but he made it worse than it was. Now I can walk pain free and I am so grateful to Dr Alvarez. He's the best.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2008

Dr. Richard G. Alvarez's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Multiplan