Ratings for Dr. W. Lamar Cousins

Best Doctor I have ever attended, and staff outstanding.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

My husband and I have been going to Dr. Cousins for 15-20 years. He is absolutely the best primary care physician we have ever seen. He's a no nonsense kind of doctor, who listens to his patients and explains whatever treatment he prescribes for your ailment. His office has gone through a modernization recently and the front desk and staff seem more efficient. However, it's Dr. Cousins who keep me coming back, not his staff.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I had my first appointment with Dr. Cousins today. The waiting room was extremely attractive and relaxing, and there was only around a 15-minute wait. Dr. Cousins was very pleasant, knowledgeable, and professional. His office employees and nurses couldn't be nicer. I was very impressed both with Dr. Cousins and his staff. It's great to find such a wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

My father went to Dr Cousins with chest pains and shortness of breath. Dr Cousins read his stress test results that showed the test was stopped because his Blood Pressure shot up to 200 and told him it wasn't his heart and was likely cartlige inflammed and to "ignore it". Two days later my Dad goes to the ER with same chest pains and is rushed back for emergency bypass!! He had 99% blockage. Dr Cousins didn't even run an EKG in the office!!! Careless and almost cost my father his life!

Submitted April 18, 2012

Dr Cousins personality does not matter, he is an excellent doctor and gets right to the point of solving your health issues. I have been a patient for 7 years. The staff as mentioned up front is somewhat slow and not openly friendly but as long as the job is done, I don't mind. The waiting time is up to an hour sometimes because the doctors are very popular in the area. I have recommended 3 other people and they all like him as well.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

I LOVE Dr. Cousins, but his staff aren't pleasant. He however is extemely knowlegable.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Cousins for about 15 years. Sometimes it takes a while for the staff to answer the phone, but he is well worth the wait!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

First time I had to deal with this practice. I held for an obscene amount of time. After holding, no return calls. Left numerous messages and faxed over request for a return call from the doctor. No return call. I wouldn't recommend anyone I know to this doctor. The people who work for you makes the practice even if you are a good doctor.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Has been my doctor for 16 years. Always can get in and knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Dr. Cousins is very knowledgeable, proficient, and thorough. The call in procedure is a little bit of a hassle, but the quality of care more than makes up for the limited amount of time spent on the phone or in the waiting room. Another commentor complained of the "retired" clientele and long wait times. I would rather see a physician with healthy seniors as a clientele than any other demographic. It tells me that he takes care of his patients and as a result, they live longer and healthier lives. I've always been treated with respect and my health is their primary concern, not their bank account.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

Dr. W. Lamar Cousins's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1967)