Ratings for Dr. Azad Nahid

My response to the comment of April 25th, 2017 It is unfortunate that you were not impressed with your mother's care. I did read your mother's chart and did my bedside evaluation as I was covering for the most responsible physician who was attending a conference. Despite that we did not have a set appointment together, when you asked for me at the nursing information, I dropped other commitments I had and shared with you the information that I had. I indicated that the dermatology service was contacted regarding a new skin lesion and that functional and cognitive assessment by the geriatric team and the occupational therapist was ongoing. I shared all the information available to me at that time. I reassured you that as soon as the assessment was complete, the information with be shared and you will have ample opportunity for explanations and questions. I pointed out that there would be a family conference with the assessment team to review all detailed medical questions in a proper setting. I appreciate that you are very concerned and stressed about your mother and I emphasize she will undergo care by dedicated geriatric team.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr. Azad had a week with my elderly mom at the Ottawa Civic hospital. She never read her chart. She started her on meds without consulting the family and claimed there was no answer on anybody's phone. When I tried to find out more she talked a lot but really didn't provide much information. Very unimpressed. Fortunately she was only there for a week.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017