Ratings for Dr. Noel Saines

I am an educated 58 year old woman, a psychologist, and felt totally patronised by Dr Saines. My GP had conducted a risk analysis for cardiovascular events - heart attack/stroke which provided a "high risk" profile. I have a history of preeclampsia of pregnancy, family stroke history and had been on hormone replacement therapy for 3 times the recommended time frame. My MRI showed "chronic small vessel ischemia" with several white matter hyperintensitites. Dr Saines was dismissive regarding my concerns for my health and my wanting clear information and guidance regarding my risk factors in order to make decision re lifestyle changes. He just said anyone can have white spots on MRI and it's usually nothing (ignoring the possibility that given my high risk factors and young(ish) age the white spots may be significant). He then went on to say that radiologists like to use "extreme definitions" He said he hadn't heard of preeclampsia causing life time increased stroke risk, and just said "there's nothing else we can do...you could take aspirin if you like...or I can do a lumber puncture if you want. Totally dismissive, and clearly not interested in a collaborative approach to patient health care, and out of touch with relevant current research. I ended up in tears and felt belittled and as though I were being an hysterical female because I wanted clear information and a treatment plan to prevent any/additional vascular damage I.e. ending up with a major stroke in the next 5 years.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr Saines has provided professional care for my daughter and helped her through a difficult time. His bedside manner may not suit everyone however his extensive knowledge and willingness to help cannot be questioned.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Just A quack. I took my daughter to see this man as he was highly recommended, turns out he was more interested in saying it's all in her head & that she's exaggerating her symptoms. I do not recommend this doctor to anyone the old fool should retire

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

This Doctor never did any tests or procedure to find any findings on my daughter. Instead wrote a letter to another docter ,that said "No MS " findings. How can doctor operate like this ????

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

If I could leave a zero rating for helpfulness and knowledge I would. I am a medical professional myself, and I am gobsmacked at his negligent and dismissive attitude. My husband saw him because our usual neurologist was off sick and we were in the process of seeking a diagnosis. He had received the report of our recent test explicitly stating "significant impairment", which he of course did not disclose to us during the consultation, and when I asked him what did the test show, he rambled a few bits and pieces off the report and said "it was fine". As he could not work out a diagnosis, he condescendingly said I just have to accept that this is my husbands personality and a norm for him, DESPITE me repeatedly telling him that my husbands function and ability has deteriorated. He goes on to blithely say that further tests will just result in "diminishing yield" and essentially a waste of time. What a waste of time and money attending this "specialist"s surgery. Only upon exiting his surgery and asking his front desk staff for a copy of our test report did I see that the test shows a significant impairment. I would avoid this specialist like a plague.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr Noel Saines was not very helpful when my Daughter was admitted to Wesley for seizures , he took his time coming to see her and he let her have seizures to the point when she was admitted to ICU. Certainly an uncaring and cold individual with poor bedside manner . I don't understand how he is still operating as a neurologist with such bad reviews .

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr Saines was a lovely caring neurologist. I would go back to him anytime.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Dr. Saines is a cold, unfeeling man. He was condescending, rude, and absolutely uncaring. He was unprepared for the appointment, yet didn't care. He ushered us out the door while we were still asking questions, and reduced my tough country husband to tears.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Insulting and patronising. I have MS and all Dr Staines wanted to do was push medication. Did not want to talk about lifestyle and diet benefits. Hadn't read Dr Terry Wahls' protocol for recovering from MS. Was so angry when I left this appointment that I really didn't want to pay for it! Dr Staines is not a member of the caring profession.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

This man is nothing more than a insulting, rude, vile excuse for a health care professional. He treated me and my family with utter disdain. Kicked them out of hospital room, I couldn't walk or talk at that point after having 16 odd seizures, and proceeded to tell me I was faking it! He has no desire to help anyone, dislikes the fact that people expect him to help. I feel badly for anyone who may be under his care and wonder how many people he is responsible for sending over the edge due to his treatment. Please don't put yourself through any interaction with him.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016