Ratings for Dr. Noel Saines

Rude, arrogant, dismissive and belittling. Do not waste your money or time with this so called neurologist. No thorough neurological exam done and I had to keep correcting him with my personal information. Clearly was not listening or interested. I’m so glad I went for a 2nd opinion and now receiving the appropriate care. He even started ridiculing other neurologists and professions. So unprofessional. Avoid at all costs the bumbling fool needs to retire.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

Dr Saines was rude, abrupt and uncaring. He did not thoroughly test my symptoms and became very defensive when I asked questions about my condition. Because of this poor outcome I sought a second opinion which was much more comprehensive and adequately explained, leaving me confident of the results. Interestingly, this far superior service cost hundreds of dollars less. Don't waste your precious time and money!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

Dr was asked to fill a specific report for my employer, he had not heard of my condition and wrote a huge report based on a couple of web searches he did in 2 minutes while I was in the clinic. The fact he ignored all of the information he was to provide my employer caused months of delays and exteded delays in my insurance claim progress. Not Recommended.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2018

Dismissive, arrogant and uncaring. He said, 'You're an intelligent women,' implying that I was being stupid. Then he said, 'Let's be sensible,' as though I wasn't. Then he said, I don't think there's anything wrong with you, I think it's anxiety.' He was wrong.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2018

I saw Dr Saines as outpatient and in hospital, he knows what he is talking about and does not hang around when facing a genuine case. He put me through two days of testing, which he and the staff at the Wessley hospital carried out in a professional and friendly manner. He then gave me and my wife the unfortunate bad news. Which he and his team gave us in a caring and professional way. I’m continuing to see Dr Saines as an outpatient,and would like to thank him for everything his done.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

I have just returned from my appointment with Dr Noel Saines. He was very professional and thorough, listened attentively to what I had to say, was very easy to talk to and was respectful and kind (and had a good sense of humour).

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Rude, arrogant and dismissive. More or less accused me of faking and saying my symptoms were "just anxiety and introspection". Fortunately, I have found a far better neurologist.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Rude, condescending, abrasive. Uncaring. Thinks it's all in the head. Avoid at all cost!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

I saw Dr Saines as an inpatient. I found him very thorough. He spent considerable time with me trying to get a comprehensive understanding of my complex medical history. He was interested, open, honest. I felt he explained my test results well. I thought his bedside manner was good. I have no complaints about my care.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

I am an educated 58 year old woman, a psychologist, and felt totally patronised by Dr Saines. My GP had conducted a risk analysis for cardiovascular events - heart attack/stroke which provided a "high risk" profile. I have a history of preeclampsia of pregnancy, family stroke history and had been on hormone replacement therapy for 3 times the recommended time frame. My MRI showed "chronic small vessel ischemia" with several white matter hyperintensitites. Dr Saines was dismissive regarding my concerns for my health and my wanting clear information and guidance regarding my risk factors in order to make decision re lifestyle changes. He just said anyone can have white spots on MRI and it's usually nothing (ignoring the possibility that given my high risk factors and young(ish) age the white spots may be significant). He then went on to say that radiologists like to use "extreme definitions" He said he hadn't heard of preeclampsia causing life time increased stroke risk, and just said "there's nothing else we can do...you could take aspirin if you like...or I can do a lumber puncture if you want. Totally dismissive, and clearly not interested in a collaborative approach to patient health care, and out of touch with relevant current research. I ended up in tears and felt belittled and as though I were being an hysterical female because I wanted clear information and a treatment plan to prevent any/additional vascular damage I.e. ending up with a major stroke in the next 5 years.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017