Ratings for Dr. Amanda Rose Cipolla

Dr Cipolla is very nice and made me feel comfortable. I was very worried because of many miscarriages. She took time to answer all my questions.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I love Dr. Cipolla. I had the pleasure of meeting her once at an OB appointment. I was unsure if I wanted a planned c section or try for vbac. She was very encouraging and patient as I couldn't make up my mind. I decided to stick with a c section but I went into labour just hours before it was scheduled and decided to try VBAC. I was so happy to see that she was going to be the doctor to deliver. Kind, patient, gentle. Loved her. I am so glad I went with the VBAC and that it was her who helped me deliver. Everything went perfectly.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Dr Cipolla did my ovary cyst surgery and was my OB for pregnancy too. It I didn't see her every pregnancy visit though because you see different doctors. I feel very comfortable with her- she's nice and explains things well and gives you options. Sometimes the OB visits are a long wait so bring your phone! I will for sure go see dr Cipolla if/when I get pregnant again or if I have gyno problems- she's the best

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

My review is for all the OB's that I saw at CVH for my pregnancy. First of all, you have to get use to seeing multiple doctors all the time...if you can't, then go somewhere else. With multiple doctors also comes multiple opinions which is what I found extremely frustrating given my situation. I am reviewing under Cipolla as she was my 'registered ob'. I found Cipolla to be quite a nice doctor, down to earth and spoke to me like I was a competent human which was nice. I didn't have much of a problem with her until 39 weeks. My bp has been elevated for most if not all of my pregnancy. It could be mostly anxiety as this was my first baby, didn't know what to expect etc. Cipolla did speak about medications with me, but took my word for it that it was probably anxiety...ended up on meds later. At 37 weeks, 4 days I was at the OB's and my blood pressure was higher than it had ever been. It was Dr. Corbey on that day who said that we should move to an induction as my bp was higher etc. It was the Monday, that afternoon I met her at CVH and got a gel put on my cervix. It was okay, like a period that lasted a few hours. Went back Tuesday morning with nothing happening. Got a gel again, and even though it was Corbey on, I had a resident "Brittany" who put the gel on. Brittany was nice enough I guess...anyways about 30 minutes after the gel I was having lots of discomfort. Went home and could hardly stand it...wasn't contractions, but more like period on steroids...was horrible. I stuck it out though and it eventually went away after 3 or so hours. Next day went back to CVH where my blood pressure was back to normal. I saw Brittany the resident again who wanted to do this foley catheter procedure (a balloon behind the cervix). I wasn't feeling too great about that. She spoke with Dr. Myckan who unfortunately I never saw... who said that it wasn't necessary and that we will wait to see what happens in 48 hours. I went back on Friday and saw Dr. Kanee. My bp was again normal, He said there was nothing to "force my hand", and told me to go home. He did mention a c-section was likely. Had an OB appointment that Monday, went in, and it was Dr. Leone. Bp was still okay. Dr. Leone told me to go back to CVH and be assessed as it was Cipolla on, she did make numerous comments about the likelihood of me having a c-section. Said the baby was in an unusual position and looked to be on the larger side. This of course freaked me out as she mentioned the baby getting stuck etc. I saw Cipolla at CVH who told me the last thing that she would do is a c-section and talked me into the gel again. It was fine, nothing like the last one. Went back on Tuesday...nothing. Saw Dr. Corbey who again said my "pelvis was excellent and that a c-section would be the last thing on her mind". I told her all my concerns and she was quite nice about it, but I could tell that she wasn't convinced that I needed a c-section. So I started to think that I over reacted etc. She did give me the option of opting for a planned c-section the following day if I couldn't do it anymore, I decided not too...there was no reason in my mind now other than being afraid but 2 doctors had told me it wouldn't be necessary? The gel did nothing, so Wednesday I'm back in and I see Cipolla who talks me into the foley catheter. I went back at 3pm to have this final induction procedure. She did it for me, which was very uncomfortable but not painful and she was extremely kind and gentle I thought. They started me on oxytocin at the same time. It was around that time that I started to vomit. Long story short I was ill from 5:30pm to 12:15am. The catheter finally fell out at 2am and at 2:30am Dr. Kanee broke my water. He mentioned again that there was a good chance I would be a c-section. I got the epidural at 4am and sailed until 8am when who walked in...Dr. Leone. I was at 4cm after 15 hours...she asked what I wanted to do and at this point I'm still wanting to push. She said that she would check on me in a few hours. She came back around 12pm and I was still at 4cm, I opted for a c-section at this time. At 12:45pm I was in the operating room and had my son at 1:05pm! Everything seemed normal. Dr. Leone came back after to tell me that my uterus was not contracting properly so she had to give me a shot? And I'm sure she said other things but I didn't really hear it but did hear that I could go home on Saturday. After I was cleared I went to the recovery room. That Saturday morning Cipolla came into my room with a resident. She told me that I had lost more than average amount of blood and my hemoglobin was low ... and apparently I was just above a threshold for getting a blood transfusion (WHAT?) And talked about making sure that I wasn't hemoraging somewhere else? She also seemed condecending in my mind that I had chosen a c-section...I think that this was the right choice for me given all my issues.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr. Cipolla is truly the cream of the crop. You get a sense of confidence that she knows what she is talking about. And you can see her passion for what she does. Genuine and most likely a genius in her field.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

She is knowledgeable, approachable and takes time to talk to patients. When she promises to call a patient to follow up she actually does it herself. She is very thorough and pays attention to detail and is always smiling. Dealing with her was an absolute pleasure. Keep it up Dr Cipolla. You are the best.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

First baby in Credit Vally. staff are nice and helpful. Thanks.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Dr Cippolla is my gynaecologist. I have been seeing her for a year now. No other doctor could fix my problem (which is personal so I won't get into details here). She told me we needed to "start from scratch" and actually listened to my ideas of what I thought was going on. I feel better than I have in 10 years. She is an awesome doctor and very fridendly. I have told my GP to send all her patients to Dr Cippolla!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

I am having my second baby at Credit Valley and have met all the doctors I'm sure. I find Dr Cipolla to be the most approachable and never makes me feel rushed ... Even when I ask a million questions.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Every time I go for my appointment with the Credit Valley OB group, I just pray that I don't have to see Dr. Cipolla. So far with my 2 meetings with her, she gave me not more than 2 minutes each time. I had two trips to the hospital due to high BP in last 3 days, where the doctor also found my BP is on the higher side each time and commented that I should be monitored closely. When I came back for my regular visit to the OB the very next day, where she was the physician, because at that instance the pressure was normal, she is not interested listen to what happened to me over the weekend and kept saying that everything is normal with me and no further monitoring is required at this point! Her attitude just drives me nuts..she is deciding this based on 1 single reading and ignoring all the reading over last 3 days! Doctors are supposed to release stress from patients, not to increase it! I am 36 weeks and I hope I don't have to see her anymore in my next upcoming appointments!

Submitted November 7, 2016