Ratings for Dr. Z Rashid

This guy took my appendix out in emerg. Knowledgeable, professional, approachable. A surgeon who appreciates the nurse too. I would let him cut me open again :-)

flag | Submitted July 29, 2018

I went to the ER with abdominal pain over the Christmas holidays, ended up being diagnosed with gallstones. Albeit a common surgery, Dr. Rashid came in on call when the OR was typically closed. He spoke with my husband and I for approximately twenty minutes in the hallway explaining the surgery and answering any questions we had. He did not leave until we said we had no further questions or concerns. The surgery went perfect and I was discharged only a few hours later and have recovered amazingly fast. Post surgery Dr. Rashid spoke with my husband and also myself in recovery. No complaints at all about this surgeon. I previously worked in an medical setting with upwards of 130 physicians and few would take the time to speak this extensively with patients.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

Beware of this dr. Rather then treating his patients and doing simple testing he would rather "cut them open" as he like to say with every sentence. Not approachable. Horrible bedside manner. Would rather d/c pt then further treat underlying condition. Ended up with serious complications after receiving care from this dr. Would not recommend this doctor unless.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013