Ratings for Dr. Antoinette L. Ham

I've been a patient of hers a number of years, including birth of my baby. She is knows what she does and a nice person, BUT the appointments with her became VERY rush-rush. Each appointment she forgets something : mentions I need a test and forgets to give the script; runs out of the room before answering my question; talking about what blood work is going to be done and then a couple of items are not ordered etc. Last appointment she forgot two things - Rx and items on blood test. I'm very annoyed by that now and will be switching to a diff doc soon . Also, there is usually at least 30 min wait time - even though the appointments are so rush. The call back nurse is nice, until you have any questions/issues about something they did not do right (asking about where is that missing test Dr Ham said will be done etc). So, if you have no issues and just a simple yearly appointment, then I would see why the good reviews. If you have more complicated issues - look for some other doc. I think other docs in this office are way less rush-rush during the appointments, but they are all male and wanted a female doc.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr Ham is awesome! She delivered my son via C-section she did a great job, very little scaring. Dr Ham is so caring and funny! I love her sense of humor, and her ability to put me at ease during a scary situation. The office staff is amazing. I go to the Manalapan office and no one is better than Karen! She is soo sweet and always calls back immediately even for the sillest questions.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

I am a new patient at this office and so far i've seen dr.Ham at least 5 times and she seems great and very easy to communicate with. this office has several other doctors that are also great and very friendly but dr.Ham is the only female doctor here so I feel extra comfy discussing womanly issues and she gives sufficient amount of time.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

Dr.Ham is very pleasant person who listens to your concerns and is very approachable about any delicate topic you may want to discuss with her. I've been her patient for 6 years and will not change her for anyone else.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

I have been a patient here for about five years. I have had to wait an average of 60-90 minutes after my appointment time to be seen. Dr. Ham never apologizes for being late. Regular and trans-vaginal ultrasounds ordered during the past 3 visits for no stated reason. Spoke to several other patients from this office, and apparently this is a common practice (unnecessary ultrasounds). At first I was scared about why I even got the tests ordered in the first place, but now it seems like a way to get easy, extra reimbursment from insurance companies. I am finding a new OB/GYN before my next visit. Also, the call-back nurse is nasty and patronizing.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

I am currently looking for a new OB dr. I've had some bad experiences at this office. She is rushing throughout the examination and I feel like unnecessarily scared me with certain possible scenarios. Also, if you have Cigna be careful because they have some kind of contract with them where they wont do your OB ultrasounds in the office, you have to go somewhere else. a fact I didn't find out until I was pregnant. :(

flag | Submitted July 24, 2011

Dr. Ham is the absolute best doctor! She is extremely caring and has been so helpful. I can't praise her enough.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Dr. Ham was very thorough, respectful, and knowledgeable. She took her time with me and has an excellent bedside manner. I am totally shocked at all these bad reviews, as Dr. Ham was nothing like these other people have described. I have not seen any other docs in this group yet, but I am hoping that they are equally fantastic!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

She kept me waiting 40 minutes but rushed the entire appointment. As a pregnant patient I felt very frustrated getting brushed off so quickly. I was in the middle of asking her a question as she was already walking out of the exam room with my chart to bring to the front desk! Also, poor communication and extreme confusion with the front desk staff about scheduling the next appointment. I prefer the other docs in the practice instead.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

extremely unknowledgeable and poor surgean. let me stay in transition for 36 hours leading into a c-section. done so bad neede major blood transfusion, had cardiac complications. extremely messy surgery. the entire group does not belong to be obgyns they should find another occupation-not invoving others depending on them.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2010

Dr. Antoinette L. Ham's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 2001)