Ratings for Dr. Joann Somers

I have been going to Dr. Somers over 15 years she's an EXCELLENT Doctor. She is very intelligent and has counseled me on many issues. Always very pleasant and and take time with her patients and listens to their concerns. Keep in mind you may wait a little longer then expected but you would want her to give you the same thorough exam like she did her patient before you.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr Somers and staff are wonderful! i would recommend them without hesitation.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Dr. Somers has been my OBGYN for more than 20 years. She is brilliant, compassionate and goes the extra mile to make sure her patients are comfortable with the strategy of care.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr. Somers has been my gyn for 13 years now and I highly recommend her. Extremely knowledgeable and dedicated. I now live 50 miles away and would not consider seeing another doctor. Now my 22 year old daughter sees her.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Somers for about 10 years. She is knowledgable, caring and has gone out of her way to accommodate me and my daughter. There are long wait time but if you schedule at the very beginning of the day or at the very end, it is reasonable. She does have patients in the hospital and I certainly wouldn't want her rushing back from a patient who needs her just so I can have my pap smear. When I had a true emergency with my daughter, not only did she make room for her in the schedule, she spent time explaining test results and validating her experience. I have had great experiences and I wouldn't change her for any other doctor. It took me long enough to find her! And even after I moved, I drive 50 miles just to see her!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

most brilliant doctor i've ever had. who cares if you have to wait. if you want the best go to dr somers

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

I had been going to Dr. Somers for several years and experienced the rude staff and long hours of waiting but I dealt with it b/c it was once a year. When I came down with fibroids, excessive bleeding and anemia, her only recommendation was a total hysterectomy. She balked when I asked about other options or a partial hysterectomy since I was not going to be having any more children. When I told her I was going to seek a 2nd opinion she was absolutely cold and rude. I ended up finding a doctor to perform a hydrothermal ablation which was non-invasive and solved all my problems. I never went back to Dr. Somers. She has LIMITED knowledge of all the options available! There are other options. And any doctor that is offended when a patient asks for a 2nd opinion is insecure and egotistical. I don't know how she maintains her practice as I know of two other people who experienced the same type of behavior. There are other options. It's worth spending the time investigating!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

OMG she is by far the WORST MD I have ever seen. I actually stuck it out with her for a few years because she IS knowledgeable. BUT does that make it okay to be forced to wait months for a check up, if you happen to have to cancel (with notice). Talk about being punished! She is cold and arrogant and her staff is so rude! You should be prepared to wait for 2 hours to see her, once you arrive. She was rough and hurt while giving the exam and spoke very little. She is a doctor only in it for the money! She rushes people in and out! I have no idea how or why, except that she is intelligent, that she has the patients she does. Her patients complain in the waiting room EVERY time I am there. I stayed as long as I could and today, as much as I fear switching such a personal type of care, I WILL be seeking out another OBGYN! Unfortunately for Dr S, I value my time more than hers! Please do not waste your time! You can go on this site and find another doctor or get a great referral.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Somers for 21+ years. Whwen I was looking for a new doctor I called three doctors because I wanted to talk to them first to see which one I would try. One never called me back, another was very annoyed that I would evern question her and Doctor Somers called me back at 7:00 on a Friday night and spoke with me for 20 minutes. She is the most caring doctor I have ever had. She has always taken her time with me and explained everything in terms that I could understand. She delivered my son and removed tumors from my ovaries. Before surgery she called me and my husband into the office and explained everything. The day of surgery she spoke to us before and spoke to us after. I only no one person personally who complained about her and that person complains about everything. I have never had a bad experience with her. I have had problems on the weekends and she always took time out to call me no matter what. I would never go to another doctor.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

Dr. Joann Somers's Credentials

• Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med, Tampa Fl 33612 (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Livingston, NJ