Ratings for Dr. Andrea Salmon

Dr. Salmon was the neurologist assigned to see my mother when she was taken to the ER. I found her to be very thorough and professional. She even phoned me at home to give me the results of her MRI. I found her easy to talk to and very helpful.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I have to say the receptionists were the high light of my visit to Dr. Salmon. She's horrible. It's her way or the highway and I found her extremely hostile and rude. Twice I went with a list of questions because I wasn't clear on her treatment and twice I left wondering what I had done and if she just simply had something personal against me. If you're looking for someone with empathy, compassion or at the very least some kind of a decent bedside manner, this doctor is not for you. If you prefer a heatless, robotic doctor who is impossible to hold a conversation with; you've found her.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I was hoping to leave there with some answers with why I have been getting terrible migraines every day, but I guess that is all part of the process of treating something like this, not all questions will ever be known or answered. Dr Salmon was pleasant and nice but sometimes felt like she wasn't understanding things I was explaining to her, kind of like what one of the other reviews said. Like I felt kinda crazy or something? I'm hoping when I go back again in 2 months that her recommendations at the first appointment have helped me. I will be reviewing again when I go back for a follow up.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Reluctant to pursue alternative medicine along with the research of. Have had differing opinions with how to react to seizures (ie, Increased dosage v.s. lower) , but always helps me find a direction I am comfortable with. Currently, I am having trouble continuing my medicinal marihuana licence due to closing medical practices, but am optimistic in that Andrea might help my search with that as well, regardless of her reluctance. Although closed minded due to background beliefs, I have always been honest with her and she seems to be opening up to the idea of alternative medicines. As long as one has some kind of idea as to what direction they want to take their healthcare in, and are able to do independent research into the most suiting of prescriptions, she is a fine doctor.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Horrible to the point of my almost passing away as a result and that is no exaggeration. I was added by a top epilepsy specialist and treated and my seizures were under control for over 7 years or at o w as t to the point where I could function. She didn't 'think' they 'looked' 'typical' despite my incredibly complicated history and since her adjusting my medication my seizure have become conclusive and have taken a turn to the the point where I've lost my three homes and the ability to live with my husband as my confusion and inability to function has become a danger. I have begged pleaded kicked and screamed and due to an addiction history and done other things (15 years clean and an addiction counsellor now) she assumed and decided she didn't like me the moment I walked into the room. I knew right away she had no desire to treat and I have had to move provinces and get a divorce as my seizures are now out of control. Why after 7 years of a controlled regimen would I be taken off and go downhill to that extent? I literally am at the point of taking my life as she has made it impossible to be treated in Alberta. I am forced to move from my children family and support system. So not trust this woman. Of she can deny care due to her believisomething about someone......my symptoms were confirmed by eeg and a witnessed seizure by an epilepsy guru and I will pass away and have lost the ability to do anything. I can no longer read it write or type everything is done by voice on a computer. I can't fill out the forms as I have reflex epilepsy and cannot even read. Its riduculpus. So...I can't even go to the college about this. She does not care at all what I have lost. Not a moment goes by in her day that she cares yet I have to move to a home at 35 years old because she doesn't want to help me? Wow

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Found the issue right away, (after 10 years of tests by others). To the point, very sympathetic and caring.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I love Dr. Salmon! She is very knowledgable and thorough. She made me feel comfortable and took time to listen to everything I had to say. She made me feel like my health problems weren't just in my head even though the MRI scans came back fine. She didn't just drop me and still listened to my concerns. She answered all my questions and I never felt rushed. Highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014