Ratings for Dr. Mark Porte

I saw this Dr for the first time today. He met me with a smile & asked about my problem. Although I had severe pain with parts of the examination Dr Porte was as gentle as possible. He went on to explain that I had tendinitis & arthritis in the rotator cuff. He also explained that surgery would not correct the tendonitis & the arthritis was no where near requiring surgery. However he felt a cortisone needle was required which he gave me straight away. Also he recommended physio. I have been doing physio but will continue. After receiving the cortisone he asked me to sit for a few moments then afterwards he re-examined my shoulder. Movement was already a little easier although certainly not as it should be. There is not after all, any immediate fix. I was very happy to learn that I did not require surgery. I was very surprised to read some of the negative comments posted here. I experienced a very positive treatment by Dr Porte & would certainly recommend him in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. Porte did my hip replacement surgery and was very knowledgeable and helpful and did a great job. He was also very pleasant and kind.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I visited Dr Porte in RVH for shoulder damages and pain. First he was late 45 minutes for appointment second he took only 3 minuets exam and tell me every 53 years old has some type of labrum damage. i asked many 53-54 years old people they don't have shoulder problems. Also i visited Dr Alberto and Dr Nima both specialists suspected on top of labrum damage i must have rotatory cuff tear. ultrasound test proved suspecting damages and i am receiving th treatment. thank you to Dr Alberto and Dr Nima. I urge all Dr Porte patients to get second and third opinion from other specialists.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I have had extensive contact with doctors in my life and I have never met someone that was so unwilling to listen to reason or their patients and when i started crying he walked out of the room without another word and left me there to cry with no suggestions as to what to do next.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016