Ratings for Dr. Myrna Alexander

I have never bothered to rate a doctor, but this time I really had to say something. I didn't even make it to an appointment with this woman. She was so mean on the phone I couldn't stand the thought of seeing her. When it happened the first time I thought she may have just had a bad day. When it happened the next 2 times I realized she's just a mean person. She has no business being a therapist.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

DO NOT go to this woman. I went seeking treatment for a variety of things, including having an eating disorder where I had issues with over-exercising. She shamed me for not working out enough! I cannot believe a licensed therapist would trigger a client like that, it's completely inexcusable. Additionally once I came in with a sinus infection and she spent the ENTIRE session lecturing me about various homeopathic remedies she takes to combat illnesses. Not only did I waste money but her obsession with viruses was odd and stressful.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I am so glad I found this site and read the reviews as I don't feel so bad telling her I wanted to end my sessions (even before really starting). I just didn't get a good feeling from her and didn't see a long-term relationship developing. I also found it very bothersome, distracting and odd to sit in her living room with a multitude of stuffed animals!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I would agree. I would stay away from her. My partner and I went to her for couples' counseling. When we mentioned one week that my partner lost her job, Dr. Alexander spent the entire session talking about how to get a job, sharing her own stories of losing & getting jobs, and never once asked one question about how we were doing as a couple that entire hour. We were joined in our anger towards her and never went back. I would NOT recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

She is the worst doctor I have ever had. She was falling asleep during the sessions and she took her time to start the session, but made sure to end right on time. She also made me pay more than I should have ($215 more because my insurance didn't give me the money back like she said they would and she made me pay in cash for each visit so I have no way of proving I paid for the sessions), and she gave me worse anxiety after seeing her. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016