Ratings for Dr. Myrna Alexander

Started counseling with her for different issues. It seems she has way more issues than I do. She is afraid of everything, looks very anorexic and talks more about her issues, problems, fears, and insurance issues than actually counsels. She sits and eats her lunch while doing a session running back and forth to her kitchen to get various items for her lunch including her bowl full of vitamins. If she's not crunching her salad then she's falling asleep during the session. She counsels in her home in her living room where there are stuffed animals laying everywhere. I didn't feel that she was very empathetic or compassionate to my issues. She may be a nice person but as a counselor she's not very good.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

Despite the negative reviews, I decided to give her a try. She spent 20 of the 45 minutes figuring out my insurance information so she wasted half the appointment. She didn't appear terribly competent and talked herself up a lot at how much she knows about alternative therapies and food but is painfully thin and I was concerned she had a serious illness. Also it's an odd setup in her living room. She is a hoarder with hundreds of stuffed animals, eerie music, and essential aromas. It was one of the most awkward therapy appointments I have ever had. I have deep concerns about her health and competence as a provider.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

I have never met her but she was so rude on the phone! I can't believe this person is a psychologist. I never rated a doctor but she was so ridiculously rude that I just had to google her. Not surprised to read all these reviews!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

One of the worst ever. Filing several complaints against her with certification boards and insurance companies. Completely divisive.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I have not yet actually met Myrna, but nearly every interaction with her over the phone has been unpleasant. The first time, I gave allowances, thinking since it could be just a bad day or that she had been burned by insurance before and was being a stickler now, but after a half dozen telephone conversations and several texts, I just can't do it. She is rude and doesn't give any sense of caring. She actually returned my call one evening and when I started to talk to her, she interrupted and told me she didn't have time to talk and I needed to call back and leave all the insurance information that she had instructed me to get on her voicemail. She doesn't seem like a people person, which you'd think a counselor should be!! I'd love to hear from someone who actually liked her, but I don't see any reviews like that...

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

I have never bothered to rate a doctor, but this time I really had to say something. I didn't even make it to an appointment with this woman. She was so mean on the phone I couldn't stand the thought of seeing her. When it happened the first time I thought she may have just had a bad day. When it happened the next 2 times I realized she's just a mean person. She has no business being a therapist.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

DO NOT go to this woman. I went seeking treatment for a variety of things, including having an eating disorder where I had issues with over-exercising. She shamed me for not working out enough! I cannot believe a licensed therapist would trigger a client like that, it's completely inexcusable. Additionally once I came in with a sinus infection and she spent the ENTIRE session lecturing me about various homeopathic remedies she takes to combat illnesses. Not only did I waste money but her obsession with viruses was odd and stressful.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I am so glad I found this site and read the reviews as I don't feel so bad telling her I wanted to end my sessions (even before really starting). I just didn't get a good feeling from her and didn't see a long-term relationship developing. I also found it very bothersome, distracting and odd to sit in her living room with a multitude of stuffed animals!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I would agree. I would stay away from her. My partner and I went to her for couples' counseling. When we mentioned one week that my partner lost her job, Dr. Alexander spent the entire session talking about how to get a job, sharing her own stories of losing & getting jobs, and never once asked one question about how we were doing as a couple that entire hour. We were joined in our anger towards her and never went back. I would NOT recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

She is the worst doctor I have ever had. She was falling asleep during the sessions and she took her time to start the session, but made sure to end right on time. She also made me pay more than I should have ($215 more because my insurance didn't give me the money back like she said they would and she made me pay in cash for each visit so I have no way of proving I paid for the sessions), and she gave me worse anxiety after seeing her. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016