Dr. Ravi Rao

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ravi Rao

I READ MANY MANY REVIEWS !! did alot of research on the net and i kept coming back to 1 man and here he is !! I have not met a more professional,outstanding, caring than Dr Ravi Rao and his team from my very first consult at this time October 2018 to now October 2019 i felt a connection and a very honest and straight shooting man. i was completely at ease and within 10 mins i was convinced that i was doing the right thing and was with the right professional. December 5th 2018 i was sleeved, 24hrs later i was back at home, i had no complications what so ever, even in his own personal time where ever he is in the world if you need him he is there which is a very very rare traite of professionals these days. his whole team that he works with is the best in the world as they all have the same passion and care for their patients before and after. this Surgeons skill and knowledge is nothing but out standing.. there is nothing more satisfying than feeling good and going into a follow up consult 6 and 9 months post op about yourself with amazing results and Dr Ravi is more excited for you himself and gives you high fives and is bouncing off the walls for you !! long stoer short my journey started 149kg now 9 months later 89kg !!! all my health issuses GONE !! and at 47 years old i feel better than i was at 27 !! All i can say now is thank you for helping and believing in us and for anyone else ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD !!! this is your man GET ON BOARD you honestly will not go wrong.. R

flag | Submitted October 26, 2019

Simply the best! I also thank all the people below me leaving a review as this prompted me to see him. Why? Because I saw a lot of reviews with stories similar to mine. Band converted to Sleeve botched up severe reflux with nil weight loss and then bring blamed for it saying 'it's all in your head'. To cut a long story short all boo-bois fixed. Nil reflux and back to losing weight with SIPS Surgery. There is no doubt that he is a bloody brilliant surgeon but it's his persona that amazes me. Brilliant. Absolutely love him to bits. You will not go wrong.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2019

Absolutely the best! I had a band removed and then sleeved by another surgeon. I did lose weight and suffered from intractable reflux. I was put on medication. I then started putting on weight. My surgeon when asked to help with my reflux said all I could do was put bricks under my pillow. After I read a similar story here I chose to go see Ravi. After a detailed history he immediately told me what the problem may be. After a 4 hour surgery, he brought down my unwrapped stomach and 4 cms of unsleeved stomach from my chest which was left behind and my hiatus closed with a mesh by my previous surgeon. 4 months later completely cured of reflux I had the SIPS surgery. I am now 30 kilos lighter and symptom free. This man is a genius and amazing personality too! Do not hesitate. He is the best!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2019

I had a sleeve gastrectomy 4 weeks ago with Dr Rao and I could not recommend him highly enough. His staff are awesome and friendly. Dr Rao is second to none in his specialty. He is upfront and honest. He tells it how it is. He works with you towards your healthier future. Thank you so much Dr Rao! You go above and beyond for your patients!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2019

I had a primary SIPS surgery with Dr.Rao 3 months back. Spotless recovery, lost 26 kilograms but the biggest achievement was losing all diabetic medications including insulin in the first week itself. He is very pleasant, amiable with excellent bedside manners. I put this review here as it was the reviews on Ratemds that made me choose him. You won't go wrong.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2019

I am happy I chose Ravi after reading a lot of reviews on Google , Facebook forums and other sites. After meeting him I can rest assure you the reviews are spot on. I am a patient who had botched up surgery from another surgeon with severe reflux pain and suboptimal weight loss. Instead if telling me the other surgeon that the problem was in my head he immediately pointed out what the problem was. He did tests which confirmed his suspicions. I have 2 surgeries since. One to correct the pr8and the second SIPS. I have nil reflux and lost 22 kgs in 3 months. He is the most kind and genuine person I have met. He cares and jas god givem special skills. I hope thar he continues to remain the way he is because of which all his patients including me love him.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2019

I had been overweight for many years. I tried everything but was losing the battle. I was afraid to use surgery as an option for various reasons until I met my colleague who suddenly lost weight and looked beautiful! She had so much praise for this Man Dr Ravi Rao. Now after mustering the courage to go to him and having had the SIPS Surgery, I can’t recommend Dr Ravi enough to anyone who is struggling with obesity. He has been fantastic and highly approachable throughout the whole process of getting SIPS done. Right from my first appointment he explained all my options in the most clear and open way possible. The results are speaking for themselves. I wish I had done this earlier.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2019

Amazing surgeon I couldn’t have asked for a better person to care for me always available to ask questions day or night !! He’s changed my life for the better . 60+ kilo down .I felt totally safe and would recommend him to everyone .

flag | Submitted March 6, 2019

Excellent doctor. Lovely person. Right from the first meeting absolutely amazing. Explained everything so well all my questions were answered. I came first the sleeve but since having haemochromatosis and regular venesections he offered me the SIPS. After surgery , very minimal pain, home next and back to feeling normal in a few days. Wondered if he actually did anything at all!. 3 months later have lost 24 kgs and no Venesections !! Love the man. Love his work! Dont even think about it , just choose him to be your doctor! You wont go wrong.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2019

Absolutely fantastic man. Great Surgeon and a thorough gentleman. I had severe reflux from my initial surgery from a different surgeon who said to live with it as nothing could be done. I regained weight too.. Dr Rao after thorough investigations found a large unsleeved hiatal hernia. He reduced the paraoesophageal hernia in a 3 hour surgery first and then did the SIPS surgery 3 months later. The reflux went away day 1 of the first operation. Now 30 kgs done after SIPS. Suchi Rhea Jackie were all fantastic. Great aftercare. Truly the best in his field. Truly reflects his training in the US, way superior than most contemporaries. Thanks Dr Rao.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2019

Dr. Ravi Rao's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ravi Rao is a pioneering bariatric surgeon with a remarkable record of success in weight-loss, general surgery, and revisional procedures. Dr. Rao leads our team and personally ensures that every patient at Perth Surgical & Bariatrics receives world-class treatment, safety, and care. In addition to specializing in various minimally-invasive bariatric procedures like the Sleeve gastrectomy, various gastric bypass procedures like the Roux-en-gastric Bypass, SIPS Surgery etc and revisional bariatric surgical operations, Dr. Rao performs Abdominoplasty and Brachioplasty for his weight loss patients. Dr.Rao also performs laparoscopic general surgeries such as gall bladder surgery, all types of complex abdominal hernias, fundoplications or antireflux surgery. Dr. Rao is a GESA accredited endoscopist and performs gastroscopy and colonoscopies. Dr. Ravi Rao has been awarded “Surgeon of Excellence” by Surgical review corporation, USA. Dr. Rao has received the recognition for demonstrating an unparalleled commitment and ability to consistently deliver safe, effective, evidence-based care.

• English