Ratings for Dr. Ravi Rao

Absolutely amazing experience with Dr Rao, extremely professional and truly wants you to succeed. Always there to help or answer questions. Gastric sleeved on the 30th of August and no complications whatsoever. Definitely recomend!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2018

Had a band failure revised to a sleeve in a 2 staged procedure. Excellent Surgeon with good bedside manners and a thorough gentleman. Great staff, superb post op care with excellent follow ups. No brainer. Strongly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2018

I had a failed gastric band by another surgeon who removed it free but did not unfold the stomach. I still had reflux. Dr Rao unwrapped it first which cured my reflux. He then did a sleeve 4 months later. I had no issues at all. I lost more than 70% of my excess weight in 8 months. Dr Rao is a highly trained Surgeon from America and is a lovely human being. Many thanks to all of you for recommending him.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

Great service and Dr. Would highly recommend for weight loss surgery. No issues.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

I had the Sips surgery with Dr. Rao. I was not only super obese but type 2 diabetic with Sleep apnoea, Hypertension and high cholesterol. After doing my research I chose to go with Dr Rao. One year later I have lost 50 kilos, off all my diabetic medications from day 1, no BP meds or cholesterol medications. Dr Rao has sm amazing personality and a very soothing demeanor. When this couples with the fact that he is a surgeon of excellence , he is a rare breed. I have had a very smooth ride. His admin staff are A1. His facebook support group is outstanding. All the comments below are true. Strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

I spent hours researching the best rated surgeon and finally chose Dr Ravi Rao as he was the best rated bariatric surgeon in Perth! So glad I chose him as he has been wonderful! Professional but warm and friendly and I found him down to earth and approachable. Very happy - had gastric sleeve 9 weeks ago and have lost 14 kilos already and down to a healthy BMI! Ravi has a great team including dietician Jackie and I am so grateful for them as they have changed my life! Can’t speak highly enough of Dr Rao!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

I had the sleeve done with Dr Rao and am thoroughly impressed with the entire experience. From the moment I rang his office to book my first appointment I felt at ease. Dr Rao has to be the most kind and humble surgeon I have ever met, and his bedside manner is impeccable. I picked him initially because of all the excellent reviews I saw as well as his impressive education background, and after my experience I agree that he is clearly an expert in this field. His facebook support group is also a fantastic perk and has been invaluable to me during my recovery phase. I feel privileged to have had him as my surgeon and am forever grateful for my new life.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

It's been a year since I had my sleeve with Dr Ravi Rao. I have reached normal BMI after having lost 68 lbs. I could not have done this without Ravi's help. He is not only a brilliant surgeon,as evidenced by his name popping up everywhere even amongst colleagues, he is an amazing person. Right from the first appointment his empathy, brilliant bedside manners during the hospital stay and his excellent post care with multiple appointments in one year, and if this is not enough his excellent support group. My friend recommended him to me. I must say she was spot on. You cannot go wrong with this man. No matter what, he is behind you the whole journey.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Best bariatric surgeon in Perth. I had a failed band by a very well known Surgeon. Then I went to another well known Surgeon who sleeves me. I lost 15 kilos in 2 months and then stopped. I had no restriction at all. However my surgeon was not willing g to listen.He kept blaming my head when I was telling him that I was doing everything right. Then I read one of the reviews below and that person had a similar story. I immediately went to see Dr Rao. Genuinely nice person, LISTENS!! told me that the wrap might still be present. Underwent surgery where the tunnel was unwrapped, fundus resleeved and had the SIPS surgery. Best experience ever. Nil issues post OP. Lost 10 kilos in 2 months and still losing. Strongly recommend him Don't hesitate seeing him. Great personality, supreme surgical skills excellent post op care and a very good human being.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2018

I cannot rate Dr Ravi Rao highly enough. I had a gastric sleeve procedure in November 2017 and have since lost all my excess weight with my overall health significantly improved as a result. I’ve lost a total of 48.3kgs to date and I’m still losing. Dr Rao and his team are as professional as it gets. The level of care and service has been impeccable. I absolutely recommend him to anyone seeking bariatric surgery. 5 stars!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018