Dr. Ravi Rao

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ravi Rao

Absolutely fantastic man. Great Surgeon and a thorough gentleman. I had severe reflux from my initial surgery from a different surgeon who said to live with it as nothing could be done. I regained weight too.. Dr Rao after thorough investigations found a large unsleeved hiatal hernia. He reduced the paraoesophageal hernia in a 3 hour surgery first and then did the SIPS surgery 3 months later. The reflux went away day 1 of the first operation. Now 30 kgs done after SIPS. Suchi Rhea Jackie were all fantastic. Great aftercare. Truly the best in his field. Truly reflects his training in the US, way superior than most contemporaries. Thanks Dr Rao.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2019

Dr Ravi Rao has given me the tools to reclaim my life. His open and honest manner, exceptional level of skill and knowledge and the outstanding, ongoing support from him and his team makes him the best bariatric specialist in Western Australia. He is that rare combination of straightforward no-nonsense encompassed by genuine empathy and care. It’s exactly what you need from a bariatric surgeon. I underwent Gastric Sleeve surgery with Dr Rao in November 2017. My Stats: 122kg - 62kg. BMI 39.8 - 20.4. Total loss of 60kgs. Dress Size (AUS) 20-22 down to 8-10. Type 2 Diabetes gone, Liver Function normal, Sleep Apnea gone. I absolutely recommend Dr Ravi Rao and his team at Perth Surgical & Bariatrics. Your health is the most important thing you have.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2018

Dr, Rao is an amazing personality. I was blown away right from the first appointment. I saw him as a second surgeon. He spent so much time with me explaining passionately everything about obesity. The first surgeon seemed so short on time compared to him I am 3 months post SIPS Surgery. Lost my diabetes day 1 after surgery and 26 kgs lighter. Pleasing incisions, amazing recovery,, great aftercare. Complete package ! You won't go wrong.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2018

Absolutely amazing experience with Dr Rao, extremely professional and truly wants you to succeed. Always there to help or answer questions. Gastric sleeved on the 30th of August and no complications whatsoever. Definitely recomend!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2018

Had a band failure revised to a sleeve in a 2 staged procedure. Excellent Surgeon with good bedside manners and a thorough gentleman. Great staff, superb post op care with excellent follow ups. No brainer. Strongly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2018

I had a failed gastric band by another surgeon who removed it free but did not unfold the stomach. I still had reflux. Dr Rao unwrapped it first which cured my reflux. He then did a sleeve 4 months later. I had no issues at all. I lost more than 70% of my excess weight in 8 months. Dr Rao is a highly trained Surgeon from America and is a lovely human being. Many thanks to all of you for recommending him.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

Great service and Dr. Would highly recommend for weight loss surgery. No issues.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

I had the Sips surgery with Dr. Rao. I was not only super obese but type 2 diabetic with Sleep apnoea, Hypertension and high cholesterol. After doing my research I chose to go with Dr Rao. One year later I have lost 50 kilos, off all my diabetic medications from day 1, no BP meds or cholesterol medications. Dr Rao has sm amazing personality and a very soothing demeanor. When this couples with the fact that he is a surgeon of excellence , he is a rare breed. I have had a very smooth ride. His admin staff are A1. His facebook support group is outstanding. All the comments below are true. Strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

I spent hours researching the best rated surgeon and finally chose Dr Ravi Rao as he was the best rated bariatric surgeon in Perth! So glad I chose him as he has been wonderful! Professional but warm and friendly and I found him down to earth and approachable. Very happy - had gastric sleeve 9 weeks ago and have lost 14 kilos already and down to a healthy BMI! Ravi has a great team including dietician Jackie and I am so grateful for them as they have changed my life! Can’t speak highly enough of Dr Rao!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

I had the sleeve done with Dr Rao and am thoroughly impressed with the entire experience. From the moment I rang his office to book my first appointment I felt at ease. Dr Rao has to be the most kind and humble surgeon I have ever met, and his bedside manner is impeccable. I picked him initially because of all the excellent reviews I saw as well as his impressive education background, and after my experience I agree that he is clearly an expert in this field. His facebook support group is also a fantastic perk and has been invaluable to me during my recovery phase. I feel privileged to have had him as my surgeon and am forever grateful for my new life.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

Dr. Ravi Rao's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ravi Rao is a pioneering bariatric surgeon with a remarkable record of success in weight-loss, general surgery, and revisional procedures. Dr. Rao leads our team and personally ensures that every patient at Perth Surgical & Bariatrics receives world-class treatment, safety, and care. In addition to specializing in various minimally-invasive bariatric procedures like the Sleeve gastrectomy, various gastric bypass procedures like the Roux-en-gastric Bypass, SIPS Surgery etc and revisional bariatric surgical operations, Dr. Rao performs Abdominoplasty and Brachioplasty for his weight loss patients. Dr.Rao also performs laparoscopic general surgeries such as gall bladder surgery, all types of complex abdominal hernias, fundoplications or antireflux surgery. Dr. Rao is a GESA accredited endoscopist and performs gastroscopy and colonoscopies. Dr. Ravi Rao has been awarded “Surgeon of Excellence” by Surgical review corporation, USA. Dr. Rao has received the recognition for demonstrating an unparalleled commitment and ability to consistently deliver safe, effective, evidence-based care.

• English