Ratings for Dr. Ravi Rao

I spent hours researching the best rated surgeon and finally chose Dr Ravi Rao as he was the best rated bariatric surgeon in Perth! So glad I chose him as he has been wonderful! Professional but warm and friendly and I found him down to earth and approachable. Very happy - had gastric sleeve 9 weeks ago and have lost 14 kilos already and down to a healthy BMI! Ravi has a great team including dietician Jackie and I am so grateful for them as they have changed my life! Can’t speak highly enough of Dr Rao!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

I had the sleeve done with Dr Rao and am thoroughly impressed with the entire experience. From the moment I rang his office to book my first appointment I felt at ease. Dr Rao has to be the most kind and humble surgeon I have ever met, and his bedside manner is impeccable. I picked him initially because of all the excellent reviews I saw as well as his impressive education background, and after my experience I agree that he is clearly an expert in this field. His facebook support group is also a fantastic perk and has been invaluable to me during my recovery phase. I feel privileged to have had him as my surgeon and am forever grateful for my new life.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

It's been a year since I had my sleeve with Dr Ravi Rao. I have reached normal BMI after having lost 68 lbs. I could not have done this without Ravi's help. He is not only a brilliant surgeon,as evidenced by his name popping up everywhere even amongst colleagues, he is an amazing person. Right from the first appointment his empathy, brilliant bedside manners during the hospital stay and his excellent post care with multiple appointments in one year, and if this is not enough his excellent support group. My friend recommended him to me. I must say she was spot on. You cannot go wrong with this man. No matter what, he is behind you the whole journey.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Best bariatric surgeon in Perth. I had a failed band by a very well known Surgeon. Then I went to another well known Surgeon who sleeves me. I lost 15 kilos in 2 months and then stopped. I had no restriction at all. However my surgeon was not willing g to listen.He kept blaming my head when I was telling him that I was doing everything right. Then I read one of the reviews below and that person had a similar story. I immediately went to see Dr Rao. Genuinely nice person, LISTENS!! told me that the wrap might still be present. Underwent surgery where the tunnel was unwrapped, fundus resleeved and had the SIPS surgery. Best experience ever. Nil issues post OP. Lost 10 kilos in 2 months and still losing. Strongly recommend him Don't hesitate seeing him. Great personality, supreme surgical skills excellent post op care and a very good human being.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2018

I cannot rate Dr Ravi Rao highly enough. I had a gastric sleeve procedure in November 2017 and have since lost all my excess weight with my overall health significantly improved as a result. I’ve lost a total of 48.3kgs to date and I’m still losing. Dr Rao and his team are as professional as it gets. The level of care and service has been impeccable. I absolutely recommend him to anyone seeking bariatric surgery. 5 stars!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

I have been overweight for a long time.Initially, I wasn’t sure whether I should go for weight loss surgery. Since I had tried everything and failed , I thought I will give it a go. Dr Rao’s name kept appearing in all facebook forums and support group so I decided to give him a go. Dr. Rao was patient enough to answer all my questions and made me feel extremely comfortable throughout our consult. I had the sleeve surgery. Today, I feel fit and confident, have lost 45 kilos all thanks to Dr. Rao and his much professional support staff. Many thanks Dr Rao and to the wonderful Suchi !

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

In Oct 2017 after yrs of being overweight and struggling 2 loose weight I decide 2 have bariatric surgery. Dr Ravi Rao was highly recommened by my GP. At my first appt. Dr Ravi was very professional relaxed informative passoinate and confident about his work and the support he offered 2 his past present and new patient's was very reassuring..During this transition Dr Ravi Rao and his wonderful staff have been very welcoming and supportive and I would recommend anyone who is considering this surgery 2 go see this amazing surgeon ..Thanxs Dr Ravi Rao I feel and look amazing

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

I had a band removal and sleeve with Dr Rao. My friends rated him higher than a few known surgeons in town and thought I give him a go. I know why he is rated so highly. Firstly a great guy. Secondly very kind passionate and thoroughly professions. Thirdly Great Surgeon with good bedside manners. I had 2 surgeries in 4 months . Both discharged next day minimal symptoms if any at all with excellent tiny scars. 3 months post sleeve and doing well. Thanks to my friends who suggested him. You are spot on !

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

For as long as I can remember, I was overweight and it was after many years of struggle that I decided to go for weight loss surgery. I was recommended Dr. Ravi Rao. The first time I met him , I knew he was the one for me. He has helped me achieve my weight loss goals and now I can enjoy life to the fullest. Thank you, Dr. Rao!

Submitted April 25, 2018

Dr Ravi is an absolute gem. Great bedside manners, very patient, answers all questions. He unwrapped my stomach which should have been done by the surgeon who removed it in the first place and then did the SIPS on me. Have lost 22 kgs already with nil diabetes now. Post op no pain minimal scars home day 1 with no after effects at all. Suchi and Rhea are great support staff. His Facebook support group is amazing. No wonder his reputation as a top notch bariatric surgeon is growing !!!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018