Ratings for Dr. Ravi Rao

One of the most reliable surgeon for gastric bypass surgery in Perth. I had problems with a sleeve done by my initial surgeon who recommended bypass to me . However he said he does not have the expertise to do the Roux en Y Gastric bypass and asked me to do my research to choose somebody else. After extensive research ,I decided to go with Dr Ravi Rao at Perth Surgical & Bariatrics. Staff and services at the clinic are very polite , caring and up to the mark. I had very minimal pain or nausea after surgery and none after the second day ! My reflux completely resolved Day 1 and my life is so much better. There were 2 other patients on the same day of surgery that had an operation by another surgeon prior with Dr Rao revising them too. I wish I had my first operation done by him. Maybe I would not have needed another one .

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

I saw Ravi with an intent to get the SIPS bariatric surgery done. I was close to being super obese . I was a diabetic on insulin and also was having venesctions for haemochromatosis. I was researching a lot on Surgeons and procedure s when both Ravi and the SIPS came highly recommended. He and his whole team is extremely kind courteous and very very patient. The surgery was unblemished. Recovery was much more pleasant and easier than I imagined. Its been a month. I am no longer a diabetic ( from day 1 no meds) , my haemochromatosis is under control so no more venesections and the weight loss is fantastic too. After having been to 3 other surgeons prior, I must confess Ravi is the best . You will not go wrong if you so choose to go with him as your surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

I had done research on WLS doctors by others reviews and got down to two. Dr Rao was the first one I rang and left a message. I was rung back twice and one of those callers was Ravi himself. Since then I havent looked back. From the 1st Consultantion you are put at ease. He spends time answering question after question without time watching or impatience. Even at post op appointments he is patient and attentive. I highly recommend Ravi.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

I highly recommend Dr Rao - his support and aftercare is fantastic and he makes you feel comfortable and at ease with the process. Everything went so well and my results have been incredible.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Dr. Ravi Rao is a kind and compassionate surgeon who has changed my life for better. He listened to all I had to say very patiently, resolved all my apprehensions about weight loss surgeries and suggested me SIPS weight loss procedure to overcome obesity. His staff are very polite and committed to their work. My Surgery and recovery has been spotless. Cannot recommend him more.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

Firstly, thanks to all who left these reviews. I chose Dr Rao based on your reviews and I must admit each and everyone of these is accurate. Dr Rao is an amazing human being. Such patience and passion is exemplary. He takes time to explain all . His Facebook support is fantastic and he is an amazing surgeon. I had the SIPS Surgery 4 months back. I have not only lost 30 kgs weight but also my diabetes, cholesterol and hypertension medications!! I have the same quality of life as a sleeve patient like he promised. Strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Perth Surgical & Bariatrics is a reliable weight loss surgery clinic for SIPS bariatric surgery in Australia. Dr. Ravi, a consultant general surgeon at Perth Surgical, is a kind and compassionate surgeon. He resolved all my apprehensions regarding bariatric surgeries and suggested me SIPS weight loss procedure to overcome obesity. The staff at Perth Surgical and Bariatrics is also very polite and committed to their work.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr. Rao spends time with every patient to understand the weight loss issues and provide help to with cost effective surgical solutions to achieve weight loss goals. Thanks to Dr. Rao.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Overweight for yonks! Did my research. Googled. Spoke to people. All paths lead to..Dr. Ravi Rao! Loved him after the first consult. Had the sleeve. Paul Young his anaesthetist was lovely. Post op ..woke up well. Good enough to go home next day. By day 4 I was wondering if he did actually do the operation!. Lost 23 lbs in 3 months and not a hiccup. Thanks to as ll here who have left a review. I agree he is not just a brilliant surgeon but with a very pleasing humane touch and impeccable bedside manners. Recommend him any day.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

An Amazing Personality, very caring and passionate about obesity. I chose to go to the top 3 and Dr Rao was one of them. He was the second surgeon I went to. He made the first one appear almost insignificant and I never ended up going to the third one. He takes time with his questioning, explains obesity and why surgery works. I had the mini gastric bypass in mind but he explained why the SIPS procedure is better . I had the SIPS. His anaesthetist was fantastic.Post op recovery was flawless. I had no pain. The scars minimal. I was discharged first day after surgery, I have not taken my BP meds or Insulin since the day of Sugery! The weight loss has been good too. I absolutely recommend Dr Rao. He is not only an excellent surgeon but an amazing human being. Top Class

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017