Ratings for Dr. David Lawrence

Thank goodness he might retire! Rid the world of a bad practitioner. Who cares about his punctuality when he is so incompetent!?

flag | Submitted September 28, 2018

Never before used psychiatrist. Had a few sessions with him and he showed me the door. Professionally, he is incompetent and lacking. Not recommended at all. Giving up on people is his pattern.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

I was very disappointed with the treatment I received. He was sarcastic at times and lacked the compassion I'd expect of someone who supposedly deals with those who have low self-esteem. He is unable to help with specific anxiety disorders and, instead, seems to view them as some sort of weakness. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Seems to diagnose on the basis of probability rather than relating to the individual before him. Changes his mind frequently and drastically - can be very unsettling for the patient who has turned to him for help. Many of his comments seem to be more about himself than the patient.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I agree doesn't help much but quick to provide me with reading material. Made it clear his (if any) documentation would never be provided in any legal proceedings. Disclosed suspicion of sexual abuse to him and he slid further down in his chair eyes became slits so I changed the subject. I can't express how I felt in that moment really. Was a number of years ago.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Gave contradictory assessment of everything I told him depending on the day - one day saying it was understandable and normal, another saying it wasn't acceptable and chastised my behaviour or my thinking patterns, which I was there hoping he'd try to help me fix. ??!?? Clearly, that was never going to happen... Over much too long a time where I tried to get something out of this therapy, I just ended up more confused, frustrated and feeling as if this "professional" had more issues than I did and would never be able to understand anything or help with with anything. When I told him certain things, he wouldn't structure his sessions to elicit helpful questions to try to clarify what I meant. Instead he would state what he felt I was doing or saying, often being unbelievably wrong and lacking any common sense or insight. When I tried to further clarify or explain, he told me I was arguing with him. ??? Honestly, it was the most bizarre so-called therapeutic experience I have ever had. I've gone to therapists, counselors and other professionals on and off all my life for different traumas and issues, and have found most of them to be caring, helpful, and wanting to truly make a difference. Many of them were instrumental in helping me go on during very tough times in my life. This doc seems to have a bit too much ego, and a little too little real ability to help anyone. At least not me. I would never recommend him to anyone and I feel at best, he's fairly useless, at worst, he can be perhaps unintentionally harmful or make someone feel ever worse than when they started therapy. It likely doesn't need to be said that I would never go to him again. Awful experience.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

I saw Dr Lawrence for about 6 months, and didn't find him overly helpful. While he was quick to provide reading material and resources from other experts, he didn't seem to have much expertise when it came to my specific mood disorder, even though it's listed as part of his specialty. I definitely wouldn't recommend Dr Lawrence to anyone who is unsure or uncomfortable with seeing a phychiatrist - his 'bedside manner' left a lot to be desired.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Difficult to know what his focus is, he speaks out against psychiatric medication but doesn't seem to do much talk therapy of any sort.Started seeing him recently in his new practice but don't think I'll continue for long

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013