Ratings for Dr. Carolyn D. Guarino

I have been seeing Dr. Guarino for years for my ulcerative colitis. She has always been very patient with me, and she has the most wonderful bedside manner.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I really like Dr Guarino. She does not push pills. She is open to alternative medicine, Eastern cures, etc. She does not push tests or procedures. She's the only MD in Columbus I've found who understands Hashimoto's Disease. She's a gem! Her office is convenient and I love that there's a Riverside tech on staff to draw blood - that means one less trip for me. Her front offic staff, on the other hand, are not very professional or friendly. The assistants & nurses are both, but the receptionist and scheduler are not very nice. It is difficult to get an appt so I am sure they get a yelled at by people all day. I had strep last winter & had to wait 2 days for an appt. I ended up going to urgent care instead. This is a testimony that Dr. G is great. She's so in demand that she doesn't have any open appointments!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

Dr. Guarino listens, very caring. She is not a pill pusher, but prescribes when medication is called for. When I started having colonoscopies she was accommodating in my request to go to the physician who has treated the rest of my family rather than someone at Riverside. If you have a problem that needs a specialist she will refer you with a quickness. She really cares about keeping her patients at the peak of health.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

Dr. Guarino is a FABULOUS doctor, I have been with her since shortly after her graduating and working for OSU EAST WHICH WAS JUST HORRIBLE AND TREATED HER SO POORLY THAT THEY PUSHED HER OUT THE DOOR TO GO INTO PRACTICE WITH A VERY DEAR FRIEND FROM SCHOOL. THE BEST THING OSU EVER DID FOR HER!!!, Anyhow I have a very complex disease and "bones" as they call her has always been there for me, and has always given me the utmost time and respect one could ever ask from a doctor, SHE GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY OF A PHYSICIAN. On the other hand her office staff can be very sarcastic, have heard them discussing other pts.and they often seemed bothered by your call or questions. There are two gals that are superb and that is Kailyn and Leah, those two little gals will do what ever it takes to get you answers and for the most part very quickly, if they tell you something, they truly follow thru, unlike many others in the office. I live out of the Columbus area and still travel to see.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009

Dr. Guarino is a superior doctor. Some highlights of her office: (1) Easy to schedule appt. (2)Ample Parking (3)Minimum waiting (4)Great at listerning and fielding questions. I have been to 4/5 Primary Care Physcians and Guarino is the best women PCP to date.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

Dr. Guarino is one of the most amazing doctors I've ever encountered. The few times I waited for an appointment were totally understandable since I knew that she was providing the amount of time and attention to another patient that she consistently gave to my husband and me. She also provided my husband and me with wonderful care throughout the pregnancy and delivery of our first son, who was a miracle baby to say the least. Prior to this pregnancy, Dr. Guarino displayed an impressive amount of professionalism and sensitivity as we suffered through a couple miscarriages. Not only did she offer professional and medical guidance, she also showed her humane side with sincere words of comfort and support. We felt honored to develop such a wonderful rapport with such an incredible person during our time in Ohio. I would recommend her to all of my colleagues and friends who still live in the Central Ohio area.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

Abby and Liz lied. I did not make or break an appointment for which I cannot afford and my complaint was grounds for them to terminate my relationship with the good doctor. I do not support brown-shirted, black booted thugs who attempt to extort and blackmail me for an appointment I did not make nor was I notified of such or even called the business day in advance to be reminded of such. I would have corrected this lie right then. I want my doctor back all you liars, theieves and thugs.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

She is a life saver. One of the most understanding thoughful and helpful doctors I have ever been too. I will never visit another doctor besides her. She has helped me with work through some very difficult medical problems. She really cares about her patients and listens.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2006

Submitted September 27, 2006

Dr. Carolyn D. Guarino's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)