Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Perez

My son and daughter have had Dr. Perez for over 6 years now...A+ he may be a little out spoken but that is because he CARES...i don't understand the waiting complaints but the normal for any doctors office is about 30 on average as many clients cancel and sick kids come in all the time that he will fit in so you really have to take this all into consideration. His staff is wonderful and always helpful on questions and have treated my son with A+ care and he has a disability....Dr. Perez guided me and my husband to overlook my son's can' do's and think of the will and can do's and think positive...and we do and wow we are so glad we have a positive doctor that really takes the time with us each visit...THANKS DR PEREZ...WE SURELY LOVE YOU AND YOUR STAFF!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I had the worst experience here ever! I went in to get antibiotics for my daughters tooth pain. We only went here because her dentist is in Ft. Myers and they told me to go see her pediatrician to save me the drive just for antibiotics. He went on to continuously shaking his head at my daughters mouth and saying how expensive her treatment was going to cost. I told him she has high dental anxiety and that I would have to pay for her sedation. he said " Okay how much is that going to cost?" I told him around $700. He said " Okay who is going to pay for the other couple thousand dollars worth of work?" I said her medicaid. He then said " And who pays for medicaid?" I was in shock that he said that to me. Then he went on and told me the story of how when he was little he told his dad that he was going to work hard and get a big boat when he grows up. The story went on to how he went to a foreign country in the Caribbean to medical college and was poor for 4 years and now he has nice stuff because he worked hard. I kept my mouth shut because I just wanted him to write her script and get out. Little does he know My husband and I both have full time jobs and pay taxes too!!!! I have never felt so belittled in my life. Who is he to judge his patients because were not rich like him!!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

During my visit he was very rude, inconsiderate and unprofessional towards my family and I. I am not happy about my visit at all. I would not suggest this doctor to anyone. He started to interrogate me on how we got help from another professional on my problem instead of going to him, which made me leave with tears. I will never go back to him ever again no matter what.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

I have never felt so attacked by a so called professional he asks about what you believe in and then decides its his business to tell you how wrong you are. he should not be working with people let alone children.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Went to this doctor years ago. He said my daughter needed to be evaluated for autism. We had her evaluated for it and they said there was nothing wrong with her. Fast foward to two years of age and he wanted her tested again! Asked me if I could understand at least 50% of what she said. I told him yes. He then said.. I'm going to ask you again.. can you understand at least 50% of what she says... I told him yes.. which he gave me a, "you're dumb," look... only reason I went to that office.is because of Margey. Once she was gone and he wanted her tested again for autism I went to a different doctor for a second opinion. Which I was told she was a normal 2 year old with an older sibling. She is now going into preschool and is one of the brightest children. This guy has no bedside manner. He is critical and very rude. Stay away. Especially if you have government assistance. I have heard that man rant numerous times about people on medicaid.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

The biggest pompous a**hole you will have the displeasure of encountering. VERY unprofessional. DO NOT bring your teenage daughter near him...creep.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

This Dr is very rude and unprofessional. There is a time and a place for certain conversations and when my child is sick I want to skip the bull. Very full of himself and needs a wake up call. Would not take my dog to this guy

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

this office just like the rest in sarsota discriminate familes if there child has a dissabilty,the dr is rude and disrespectful.terrible dr waited over 2 hours to see this dr when I was signed a time.i think the staff can be rude as well,the dr miss dignossed my child very bad dr he needs his license taken away

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

I waited an hour to see the doctor for my 3 year old son. He had a simple cold and ear infection. With in the first 5 minutes of talking to me he insulted my parenting decisions and my intelligence. He asked if my son had allergies and I replied that I stopped giving my son cows milk because I was suspicious that he was lactose intolerant. He got very upset and went on and on, talking over me, about how I was withholding required nutrients needed for my sons development, And how it was HIGHLY UNLIKELY that my son was lactose intolerant because evolutionarily that intolerance has been killed out. He insulted me for giving my son alternative milk, like almond milk and coconut milk "You know almonds don't have teats right?? You know what a teat is right?? Why would you just keep your son from the nutrients he needs to develop... so he has been missing out on the benefits of cows milk for 3 years?? I would never let that happen if he is my patient"... This continued and I sat silent while he grilled me and barely gave me a chance to respond. I stopped giving my son milk because he was vomiting and having diarrhea within 20 minutes of drinking milk. When I stopped giving him milk the symptoms stopped. I mentioned this detail to Dr. Perez, he went on again about how he spends thousands of dollars every year to go to seminars and he is much more knowledgeable than I am. He was unbelievably condescending and disrespectful. No one knows my kid as well as I do... I know I feed him exceptionally well. He has a great appetite and eats plenty of calcium rich foods, my kid eats kale and broccoli and asks for more!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

excellent and caring for my son Andrew who is special needs always loving and caring

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr. Richard A. Perez's Credentials

• Univ Cetec, Sch Of Med, Santo Domingo, Dom Rep (Closed 1984) (Grad. 1981)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal