Ratings for Dr. Dennis P. Borczon

My son has been a patient of Dr. Borczon for several years. He has never liked him. The Dr. was inpatient when my son did not immediately respond. For one my son is on the Autism Spectrum and has difficulty with social skills, things a Dr. should know if he works with children on the Spectrum. In I am answering the questions, which are always identical to previous visits. I wish I would have changed Drs. years ago! Do not even get me started the staff, who has broke many protocols, and they should not be working with our valuable children themselves! In the time process of searching for a new Dr. Was glad to see these reviews and know I am not alone in my judgment. I just feel bad that my son is the one suffering!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

I thankfully have not had to see a psychiatrist for over five years now, as I am in full recovery from my depression. But I will always remember Dr. Borczon as the biggest jerk I ever met. I was 16, severely depressed, the meds weren't helping...i felt hopeless. He wrote for a new medication and said "Well, we'll try this one, JUST TO SAY WE DID SOMETHING, Eh?" Then he shrugged and told me to get a job. He slapped me with a diagnosis that was highly inaccurate, insisting I must have Borderline Personality Disorder, just because I was a depressed teen that resorted to self harm. I would call him a joke, but how he treats patients is not funny at all. I am writing this so that others know to stay away, seriously. Instead recommend instead: DR. MEGAN MCCARTHY at Stairways. She is an amazing doctor, and helped me immensely on my road to recovery!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

He is a danger to others. He has been sued more than once. He has ruined lives and should not be prescribing anything. He is a major drinker.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010

He works in a facility that is abusive to the mentally ill. He was friendly enough but if he was a decent physician with good credentials he would be operating out of a real hospiatl.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2008

I agree with the other entries. He does not listen at all. He just wants you in and out. e did help my son one bit. You would think that he would at least talk to you and your child and really care. But he doesn't. He should not be working with meds at all. He is over medicating children and should be investigated.And dealing with the staff there. Good luck, they are rude and not freindly at all!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

This guy is a horrible doctor! He medicates without really listening or knowing what's going on with the people he is supposed to look after. He continuously changes meds or stops them with no regard for your health. He misdiagnoses and basically cares less about you. Stay away from him, he is worthless.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2006

Dr. Dennis P. Borczon's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)