Shandi Shiver

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Shandi Shiver

Dr. Shiver was a breath of fresh air to me. My condition has been being misdiagnosed for over 10yrs and she actually took the time to research my condition. She ran some new tests that are of the utmost caliber which helped to give she and I a clue as to what it may be. It is her taking that extra time which, by the way, she did off work because she told me it would take too much time researching it at the clinic due to it being such a busy clinic. In the end she came through for me just like she promised me she would do when I met her on day one and was in tears. This doctor is in it for the right reasons and I cannot day enough about her taking her own time at home to further help me, which I am sure I’m not the only patient she has done this for. No wonder she comes so highly recommended!!! Dr. Shiver is worth more than every bit of the co-pay to come visit to see her. I am never seeing any other family doctor than her ever again, she misses NOTHING!!! -A proud patient of Ms. Shiver-

flag | Submitted December 8, 2019

I came across this looking for a good surgon for my daughter so I looked up Dr. W and when she popped on the screen I knew I had to leave a comment on her behalf as it is the least I can do after what she has done for me. I first saw Dr. W when she was working at the Franklin Mayesville clinic and loved her positive attitude. I came in a mess because I had lost an aunt who had basically been my mother over my lifetime and was really in need of a doctors help. She came into the room and being the spiritual woman I am she almost looked angelic like God had sent her to me. Then when she told me that she usually works at the other clinic in Downtown Mobile I knew God had her at that clinic that day just for me. She was not only able to prescribe me a medication for depression to help me through things but she also spent time talking with me and was never in a rush. What touched me the most was at the end she hugged me and prayed with me. I will not see anyone else from now on!

Submitted November 2, 2018

She is the most caring, knowledgeable, professional, doctor I have ever met. She always makes me feel better every time I talk to her. I wish more could be like her. I look forward to my next visit!

Submitted September 10, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Whisenant for 5 years now and I see her at least every 3 months for my medical conditions & sometimes even more if I get sick. I can say without hesitation that the negative comments left on January 4 & April 8, 2018 are most likely her ex-husband who she talked to me about him & how he is trying his best to discredit her as a nurse practitioner. So if you are considering seeing Dr. W, she is not at all like the other comments left by him as you can see by the other comments left by her other patients like me. Dr. W is no doubt the BEST I have ever seen & I would never even consider seeing anyone but her. She has helped me in so many ways it would take pages to tell all of the things she has done to help me with my health problems & always makes sure that I am well taken care of. She is also very good about watching out for you as her patient making sure that you have every type of test(s) you need in order to keep you in the best health possible. So I would encourage anyone who sees the negative comments that are obviously false to ignore them & instead read my comment along with the other positive comments left by ACTUAL patient's of hers. I have sent a message to flag these messages & would encourage any of her other patient's to do the same. If anything she comes into he room very cheerful, full of energy, ready & willing to listen to everything you have to say & help you with whatever medical problem you are having. I would never see anyone but Dr. W, she is hands down the best around, and I would know as I have been seeing her for 5yrs now & have never seen her look or act the way she is falsely being portrayed in these two negative comments.

Submitted September 9, 2018

Dr. Shandi Whisenant is excellent at what she does . She is very helpful with anything that I ask her . She explains everything to me before I leave the clinic. I love how she spends her time getting to know an understand my problems when I come to see her. Dr. Whisenant always has a smile on her face an she cheers me up even when im not feeling my best and that is what I like about her. She does this with all her patience which I think is awesome . I personally will not see any of the other Drs. at the clinic because I think she is the best at what she does and understands me very well . Dr. Whisenant also saw my mother and took very good care of her until her passing. My mother used to tell me that she also thought that Dr. Whisenant was an excellent Dr. My father also goes to see her as well, he also likes her very much. We will not see any other provider but her. I feel other doctors can learn from her on how to treat their patients.

Submitted November 15, 2017

She is a great doctor and spends a lot of time with you. I too had been to at least 4 or 5 doctors before her who all told me that my condition was all "in my head". She took the time to listen and was able to help diagnose what ended up being a tumor on my pituitary gland. She immediately got me to the right specialists and thankfully now I am on the road to recovery. When I told her that I knew my body and something was wrong she never once dismissed me but instead pushed forward with many different tests, one of which is what caught my brain tumor. I truly believe that I may not even be alive today if it weren't for her patience listening to my entire story from beginning to end and her persistence to find what was causing my symptoms. She saved my life and leaving this comment is the very least I can do to say THANK YOU. Dr. Whisenant will always be my doctor and I can only hope and pray that she never leaves this area because it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to ever find another doctor who could even begin fill her shoes. In my eyes she will always be an angel that God sent down from heaven to save my life so I can continue being a wife and mother. I cannot put into words how much it means that I am still on this earth & able to finish raising my children. May God bless Dr. Whisenant for all she has done for me & my family! We love you doc!!

Submitted November 15, 2017

She is an amazing doctor and very caring. She listened to everything I had to say which is a very rare quality to find now-a-days with doctors. Doctors like her are certainly a dying breed and many other doctors could learn from her and how she treats her patients. I was an individual, not a number. A true diamond in the rough.

Submitted January 6, 2017

Awesome experience took time to speak to me about my issue and explain things, unlike other doctors who come in and out in a matter of minutes and never listen. She takes the time and actually cares.

Submitted December 3, 2016

I had a great experience with Dr. Whisenant. She took the time to really listen to me and took the appropriate actions to get to the bottom of my health condition. I had already been to 3 different doctors, none of which could tell me what was wrong, and she was finally able to properly diagnose and treat my medical condition appropriately. Before seeing Dr. Whisenant I felt like I was at the end of my rope, without her help I don't know what I would have done. Thanks to Dr. W I feel better than I have in years. In my eyes she is by far the best around and I would certainly recommend her. Her staff are also all very nice and helpful as well, any time I call the office with a question one of her nurses always return my call by the end of the day.

Submitted May 16, 2015

She really took her time with me & explained things in a way I could understand it. My whole family has switched over & is seeing her now! Would most definitely recommend her!

Submitted December 21, 2014